• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
Banana flour? where did you get that????
I've not tried it...would love to!

I have a meeting on Monday with a company that makes lupin flour and lupin food products. It's all very new and there is huge potential. If all goes to plan, I will be involved in some of the development but all depends on the deal lol. It's really high in nutritional value, high in protein and fibre (legume). Makes great bread too.

Coffee flour won't be available until late in 2015. The company developing and producing it have sent me a sample tub of it with which to experiment with recipe development.
So I'm having some fun with it with pastry applications and I'll have a go at some macro friendly stuff too as ultimately, it's not just yum, it's also a really nutritionally balanced and awesome food.

It's made with the coffee berry that gets discarded when coffee beans are harvested. It has some caffeine but the amounts are more like dark chocolate and therefore less than coffee beans.
It is really high in fibre and a host of nutrients but it's flavour is so cool!! It has notes of dried cherries and prunes (succulent dried fruits) with a hint of spices and just a little bit of smokiness. Awesomeness.
I made my doughnuts and just gilded them with a little vanilla creme piped inside and some brandy glaze (maybe a little too boozy lol).
So good with the flavour of the flour :)
View attachment 11440

I thought I'd move here rather than hijack the other thread. It was from Qld, from a shop called 'The Source', bulk health foods type place, and I know there is actually one at Prahran but The banana flour doesn't come up on their website so I'd say it's not a core product but one that is available in their Qld store(s). I have no idea what the macros are (pretty similar to a banana sans the moisture I'd imagine) but I'm sure you could find an application for it.

I had a look at that coffee flour FB page, looks good, nutritious and sustainable, and with a taste profile like ^^that couldn't go too far wrong. The nutritional profile of Lupin sounds fantastic, keep us informed as to what eventuates with that! Those doughnuts look amazing! Too boozey?? Surely you jest ;)

How the heck does banana flour come about? It sounds like it has as much to do with flour as chamomile tea has to do with tea!

I thought I'd move here rather than hijack the other thread. It was from Qld, from a shop called 'The Source', bulk health foods type place, and I know there is actually one at Prahran but The banana flour doesn't come up on their website so I'd say it's not a core product but one that is available in their Qld store(s). I have no idea what the macros are (pretty similar to a banana sans the moisture I'd imagine) but I'm sure you could find an application for it.

I had a look at that coffee flour FB page, looks good, nutritious and sustainable, and with a taste profile like ^^that couldn't go too far wrong. The nutritional profile of Lupin sounds fantastic, keep us informed as to what eventuates with that! Those doughnuts look amazing! Too boozey?? Surely you jest ;)

Good call :)

Yeah, check out the Coffee Flour website too...heaps of info. A guy who oddly worked for Starbucks but actually loves coffee started it all. It's a wonderful idea and the product is fantastic.
Will def keep you posted.

I have to hunt down this banana flour!! [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION]; I imagine that as bananas are quite high in starch, they would be pretty good for making flour. Same deal with chestnuts, right?

Does this banter include pizza?

Such as......

af8dec691c2d9c9c84035c7d7b2b1cee.jpg