• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
60f494c05e1c5f89afffc88836493ccb.jpg

The word “diet” constitutes an array of food types regularly consumed by a culture, individual or animal.
It’s a list of foods that a kunce feeds off.

The word “diet” constitutes an array of food types regularly consumed by a culture, individual or animal.
It’s a list of foods that a kunce feeds off.

Yeah it can be that too, but more often than not it is referred to as a method of food restrictions and I’m not opposed to that, what I’m concerned about is what some or most authors or so-called experts say to make money, in terms of cutting out food that is important for us to eat.

Yeah it can be that too, but more often than not it is referred to as a method of food restrictions and I’m not opposed to that, what I’m concerned about is what some or most authors or so-called experts say to make money, in terms of cutting out food that is important for us to eat.

Yeah, that is the reference for fat chicks, restriction to salad only, last 2 weeks and then they lose their shit and binge out on cake.

Personally I follow a form of diet as well.
Avoid sugar when I can, watch fat intake, try not to eat it when I can and not too much when I do, and opt for protein and nutrients rather than carby meals such as pasta.
Also love salt but restrict my intake of it.
So in a nutshell I’m also on a “diet” but in my mind I’m not, I’m just “selective” when I eat.

Yeah, that is the reference for fat chicks, restriction to salad only, last 2 weeks and then they lose their shit and binge out on cake.

Personally I follow a form of diet as well.
Avoid sugar when I can, watch fat intake, try not to eat it when I can and not too much when I do, and opt for protein and nutrients rather than carby meals such as pasta.
Also love salt but restrict my intake of it.
So in a nutshell I’m also on a “diet” but in my mind I’m not, I’m just “selective” when I eat.

Do you have any reasoning for doing the above??

I can see a good reason for avoiding sugar, but why avoid fat? Fat is essential for healthy immune function, cell growth, brain development and health, memory, testosterone production, hormone production, maintaining good state of mental health, energy production, nutrition etc.

Salt is an essential electrolyte required for nerve function and maximum physical and mental function.

Last edited:

I can see a good reason for avoiding sugar, but why avoid fat? Fat is essential for healthy immune function, cell growth, brain development and health, memory, testosterone production, hormone production, maintaining good state of mental health, energy production, nutrition etc.

Salt is an essential electrolyte required for nerve function and maximum physical and mental function.

Because I love the combo of fats and salt, ie salami, prosciutto and cheese, I can easily get carried away and consume too much.
Because it tastes so good I monitor my intake.

Because I love the combo of fats and salt, ie salami, prosciutto and cheese

All very delicious options, I would have to agree.

I can easily get carried away and consume too much.

Can't we all.

Because it tastes so good I monitor my intake.

Nothing wrong with monitoring intake as long as you are getting enough, just sounded like you were restricting or minimising it in the original post.

Too much of anything isn’t good Mick. Even you can work that out. Surely, but maybe not.

On an empty stomach 200 ml of warm water.
We eat in 20-30 minutes.

Potatoes (breakfast)!
Skimmed milk. ❗
Remove fried!
Beef, chicken, turkey - baked, stewed without oil, boiled or grilled.
Fish can be all except mackerel and herring.
Red fish can be in any form.
Seafood is everything!
Eggs! 10 pcs. 3 yolks.
Porridge / flour (only from durum varieties)! And only for the first 2 meals! ❗
Fruit -> not allowed: grapes, pears, persimmon, banana.
Dried fruits are not allowed!
No honey!
We do not eat fruit after the 3rd meal, lemons can be used after the 3rd meal.
Only protein from the third meal
As a first snack, you can use bread and nuts
Second snack nuts / avocado

"Obese".

Isn't that the thing with Keto. It's OK for losing weight but the ordinary person won't gain a lot of size and strength on it.

"Obese".

Isn't that the thing with Keto. It's OK for losing weight but the ordinary person won't gain a lot of size and strength on it.

I think for most people to progress beyond newbie gains 100g+ of carbohydrates are required.

There are, of course, exceptions to this rule. Check the subreddit r/ketogains for evidence.

Eat lots of carbs if you want to be ripped, especially vegetables.
You don’t need as much protein as you think.
50c 30p 20f
Or
50 25 25
Or
40 30 30