• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

2015 AusBB pullup thread.

Each rep needs to be full range, and clip posted. Straight bar preferred, but only if available in gym.

Here is example of good form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34KzCLEgxCM

Also, there has to be a slight pause at bottom with arms fully length stretch.

Pullups (overhand)
1.Taurus 22 reps, straight bar, 2 Aug. 2015, 98kg bodyweight.
2. Showdownhero, 15 reps, 84.6kg bodyweight.
3.Jungnaut 13 reps, 22 July 2015.
4.jzpowahz 13 reps, 24 July 2015, 84kg bodyweight
5.Spartacus 11 reps, straight bar, 21 July 2015, 91.5kg bodyweight
6.Vonfram 10 reps, straight bar, 24 July 2015, 102kg bodyweight

Chinups (underhand)
1.Taurus 22 reps, 98kg bodyweight, 2 Aug. 2015

I think I will post clip tomorrow. have not done pullups for several years, and have only done chins once since I broke my collarbone October 2013.

I expect to get 10 pullups, or I will be very distraught.

let us see how many guys can get 15 good reps; I know I will not be one of them.
15 with a dead hang every rep is tough
I could get it about 3-4 months ago but have stacked on too much beef and not kept them up. I can get 10 when I'm fresh at the mo but don't do them often enough.

How long is this running for? Till the end of the year? Most should be able to add one rep a week if they do them consistently and include a real slow negative to finish everytime

Well done [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION];!! You reckon if you braced your core you could squeeze another one in? That's what I tried today and got 13 instead of 12.

13 Pullups neutral grip @ 86kg.

well done jungnaut with 13 reps. me think you will be closer to 20 by end of year.

I may have got another one out, but not in right mood for busting gut. Confident of getting much more by end of year.

I have updated.

I think we should keep all efforts to straight bar from now on just so we all are consistent, unless you do not have access to such an apparatus. What do you think?

yeah cheating calling it pullups but not using straight bar, handle angled grips. not complaining tho, good effort man, but... its not a strict pullup and where does the rules start or finish?

I reckon...
Straight bar
Pronated grip (optional width?)
Chin height at the top
Dead hang at the bottom
AMRAP