• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
For those who love potatoes and have been enjoying the Carisma potatoes (distributed solely through coles for an exorbitant price) there is another potato available with identical macros. I'm not sure whether it is actually the same type of potato being sold under another name (maybe the patent expired or summin') or whether it is actually another variety. They are available in red or white varieties.

*Note

The nutritional info I am looking at is identical to Carisma potatoes, however the nutritional info available here

http://www.littletractorpotatoes.com.au/white/

is slightly different (9g carbs per 100g vs 11g). So if you don't shop at or near a Coles, keep an eye out for these.

Uh, why are we eating low carb potatoes? Isn't the point of eating potatoes is for the carbs.. So buying low carb potato is kinda like rocking up at maccas and ordering an apple. lulz!

Uh, why are we eating low carb potatoes? Isn't the point of eating potatoes is for the carbs.. So buying low carb potato is kinda like rocking up at maccas and ordering an apple. lulz!
It allows you to eat more without going over macros esp when on deficit. I though that would be self explanatory. ?

Oh ok, like using stevia instead of sugar? Allllrriiightt..

Bingo-Winner.jpg

I usually get the kestrel potatoes which are 11g/100g but still very high in potassium

i generally bake the desiree red potato.

im not sure how accurate most of the macro's are, i've been told from certain nutrition people, once cooked is way less... and what about removing some starch by washing the cut potato twice in cold water? how much does it reduce by?

edit: and it can depend on how much its cooked.

its a guess at best. i just trust its a whole food and digests that way. nothing like sugar.

i generally bake the desiree red potato.

im not sure how accurate most of the macro's are, i've been told from certain nutrition people, once cooked is way less... and what about removing some starch by washing the cut potato twice in cold water? how much does it reduce by?

edit: and it can depend on how much its cooked.

its a guess at best. i just trust its a whole food and digests that way. nothing like sugar.

That's the irony of baked sweet potato; people use it as a staple while dieting but baking it increases the GI of the sugars it contains. Does it really make that much difference in the long run...? Put it this way, from it's raw state, the amount of carbs cannot increase.

That's the irony of baked sweet potato; people use it as a staple while dieting but baking it increases the GI of the sugars it contains. Does it really make that much difference in the long run...? Put it this way, from it's raw state, the amount of carbs cannot increase.

no but the type of carbs can change, theres enzymes in there that convert some starch to easier digestable forms of carbs. otherwise us humans wouldn't need to cook food.

pretty sure sweet potato is the same as potato when cooked. (within reason)

and have you diced a potato and soaked it in water for 5 mins, rinsed then repeated, that water being flushed is extremely cloudy, what about the macro's then? still same satisfying volume.