• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
So I eat gluten free now
Made pancakes with rice flour
Not as tasty... kinda dry

Just usual method, 3 eggs, beat them, add 240ml of rice flour (not sure on weight), 120ml of no homo milk, some sugar, cinnamon, 1g salt
Then just pan fried

Ideas to make it more tasty? Less dry and more fluffy / tasty?
I added hot butter and that helped a lot
I like to eat this while I train, because it keeps well and I am secretly a fatass

I was going to say add oil. Try adding something like apple sauce/puree for liquid or some grated apple to give it a bit of moisture and body. Why the gluten free kick?

maybe can add some almond meal for taste?

would baking powder make it more fluffy?

54583164.jpg

So I eat gluten free now
Made pancakes with rice flour
Not as tasty... kinda dry

Just usual method, 3 eggs, beat them, add 240ml of rice flour (not sure on weight), 120ml of no homo milk, some sugar, cinnamon, 1g salt
Then just pan fried

Ideas to make it more tasty? Less dry and more fluffy / tasty?
I added hot butter and that helped a lot
I like to eat this while I train, because it keeps well and I am secretly a fatass

follow my blog :)
i have lots of tasty GF protein pancakes there an posted to FB page.
I think you have way too much flour in the mix. Possibly you are also over cooking them?
Also, top them with something - yoghurt or cottage cheese/ricotta/whatever mixed with something you like - nut butters, maple syrup, fruit, chocolate/cacao, anything. You can add chopped fruit to the batter as well.

Gluten / high fibre grains stops absorption of minerals by up to 50%
Shown in multiple studies

If I cheat, I get massive water retention and bloating, distended stomach
But go to dominos and eat whatever and get the gluten free base, no issues I am fine
[MENTION=8557]chocchillimango[/MENTION]; I will do that, cheers
Also bicarb of soda may be a good idea too

Pancake Recipe

OZBAR'S RICOTTA PANCAKES Ingredients:
  1. 1 tsp baking powder
  2. ½ tsp xanthan gum
  3. 30g plain whey protein powder
  4. 30 ml oil
  5. 20 ml Da Vinci Vanilla sugar free syrup (or sweetener equivalent to 4 teaspoons of sugar)
  6. 2 eggs
  7. 100g full fat ricotta
Combine all ingredients (preferably in blender or food processor) and cook in frypan.

Last edited:
Gluten / high fibre grains stops absorption of minerals by up to 50%
Shown in multiple studies

If I cheat, I get massive water retention and bloating, distended stomach
But go to dominos and eat whatever and get the gluten free base, no issues I am fine
@chocchillimango; I will do that, cheers
Also bicarb of soda may be a good idea too

a mix of bicarb of soda and baking powder is good.
With GF flours, I have found that coconut flour makes pancakes nice and light and fluffy.
Pea protein is good BUT not all pea pros are created equal. I've been testing them and I've found that
Vital Protein and Professional Whey have the best flavour and texture. I'm using Bulk Nutrients right now and it's much cheaper but I don't like the flavour in pancakes (too dominant).
You can use whey but a 50/50 mix of whey and casein is good if mixed with some GF flours.

On it's own whey has a tendency to make everything rubbery.
This is where adding cottage cheese/ricotta or greek yoghurt is good.

Greek yogurt and buttermilk are also good if using bicarb of soda as they add extra lightness to make them fluffy.

Hope these tips help.

These are pretty good and you can use WPC instead of pea.

http://chocolatechillimango.com/201...th-maple-caramelised-figs-bacon/#.VapGYEVRlFU

This is a great article on what's going on with making pancakes :)

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/05/the-food-lab-how-to-make-the-best-buttermilk-pancakes.html

@chocchillimango; I have some banana flour here. Have you tried it? Haven't used it and only have a little bit but it has a faint banana flavour, I think it will be great for pancakes. Where did you get your hands on that coffee flour? It doesn't look like they're selling it through their FB page? Trade secrets eh, eh? :cool:

@chocchillimango; I have some banana flour here. Have you tried it? Haven't used it and only have a little bit but it has a faint banana flavour, I think it will be great for pancakes. Where did you get your hands on that coffee flour? It doesn't look like they're selling it through their FB page? Trade secrets eh, eh? :cool:

Banana flour? where did you get that????
I've not tried it...would love to!

I have a meeting on Monday with a company that makes lupin flour and lupin food products. It's all very new and there is huge potential. If all goes to plan, I will be involved in some of the development but all depends on the deal lol. It's really high in nutritional value, high in protein and fibre (legume). Makes great bread too.

Coffee flour won't be available until late in 2015. The company developing and producing it have sent me a sample tub of it with which to experiment with recipe development.
So I'm having some fun with it with pastry applications and I'll have a go at some macro friendly stuff too as ultimately, it's not just yum, it's also a really nutritionally balanced and awesome food.

It's made with the coffee berry that gets discarded when coffee beans are harvested. It has some caffeine but the amounts are more like dark chocolate and therefore less than coffee beans.
It is really high in fibre and a host of nutrients but it's flavour is so cool!! It has notes of dried cherries and prunes (succulent dried fruits) with a hint of spices and just a little bit of smokiness. Awesomeness.
I made my doughnuts and just gilded them with a little vanilla creme piped inside and some brandy glaze (maybe a little too boozy lol).
So good with the flavour of the flour :)
Brandy Vanilla Coffee Flour Doughnuts_crosssection.jpg

I've heard about the Lupin stuff, very old but never thought of being used in a "super food" application, really looks like good stuff!

0ni, 50% seems like a lot of nutrient absorption loss, do you have any references to the studies i'd like to have a read ?

I've heard about the Lupin stuff, very old but never thought of being used in a "super food" application, really looks like good stuff!

0ni, 50% seems like a lot of nutrient absorption loss, do you have any references to the studies i'd like to have a read ?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2036.2000.00671.x/full
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00198-004-1641-2#page-1

It's on coeliacs, but I pretty much can guarantee if you take blood tests before and after for minerals, you'll score better on the gluten free diet. Your waist will go down a few inches due to fewer e-coli in the small intestine also- which grows to break down the gluten peptides

A diet that has appropriate levels of dietary fibre won't savage nutrient absorption in healthy individuals. Be very careful in extrapolating from studies on coeliacs where gluten plays a specific auto-immune role and gut functioning and nutrient absorption is chronically impaired in the presence of gluten.

A GF diet won't improve nutrient absorption in a non-coeliac.

A diet that has appropriate levels of dietary fibre won't savage nutrient absorption in healthy individuals. Be very careful in extrapolating from studies on coeliacs where gluten plays a specific auto-immune role and gut functioning and nutrient absorption is chronically impaired in the presence of gluten.

A GF diet won't improve nutrient absorption in a non-coeliac.

Yes it does though
I have blood tests that show this
And blood tests that show gluten antibodies
Reduced waist size from removal of gluten + hair regrowth from better mineral absorption

I am not a coeliac and this happens with a lot of people today. Try it and you'll see, waist size is the easy test. Takes 10 days to see improvement