• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hoska91

Hi Guys,

Fairly new here but I do have a question.

Background
I started a "10 week transformation" exactly 4 weeks ago @79.4 kg , so far i've sat on about 80kg the entire time and now dropped down to 79.5, i still seem to however be retaining a lot of the fat around my torso (this is usually where I hold my weight)

Recently my trainer (swift/Josh Jones) stated that he's confused about my diet and doesn't know where to go with it...Don't think he's very happy with my progress, He thinks that i may have a metabolic issue or something along the lines. My Diet and workouts are below, happy to hear anything that will help or recommended course of action.

At the moment i'm thinking of getting my bloods run to see what the go is.

Training.

DUP Day 1

Day 1
ExerciseSetsRepsWk1 LoadWk2 LoadWk3 Load
Bench Press6375SameSame
Deadlifts5585+5Kg+2.5 Kg
Squats4875+2.5 Kg+2.5 Kg

Accessories Day 1

Chin ups/lat pull downs: 15 x 4
Tricep dips: 15 x 4
Bicep Curls: 15 x 4
Tricep pulldowns: 15 x 4
Cable rows/Bent over row: 15 x 4
Hammer Curls: 15 x 4

Deadlifts6375SameSame
Squat5585+5Kg+2.5 Kg
Bench Press4875+2.5 Kg+2.5 Kg

Accessories day 2

Lunges: 10 x 4
Stiff Leg Deadlift: 15 x 4
Leg Press: 15 x 4
Leg curls: 15 x 4
Shrugs: 20 x 4
Calve raises: 20 x 4

Squats6375SameSame
Bench Press5585+5Kg+2.5 Kg
Deadlifts4875+2.5 Kg+2.5 Kg

Diet:
Cals: 1982
P: 169
C 208
F 53

Cardio 2-3 times a week

Last edited:
Tell your trainer to come here and we'll sort him/her out for you.

And, what's cardio, please elucidate

and, going by the look of your workout you will need to drastically increase your intensity of work.

the workout is the key.

The workouts are pretty damn hard as it is, I've noticed a drop in my waste and thought i was progressing well.

Cardio usually consists of 15min of running (40 seconds jog, 20 Seconds Sprint) or the same on a Rower.

I however don't think i'm willing to take judgement on pictures i send over the internet as a visual reference to represent my fat loss.

You would be better off doing simple linear progression, adding weight to the bar almost ever session doing sets of 5.

You would be better off doing simple linear progression, adding weight to the bar almost ever session doing sets of 5.

Not sure if it was because my poor formatting @Penn, I've edited the top post to show my actual workout.

Can you explain why you think that would be better ?

If you're relatively new to the gym, body weight is a poor measurement of success. You'll be getting those newby gains. Plus you're probably eating better so more food and more water in your body. No doubt you'll be burning fat while increasing strength and muscle at this early stage. Go by how your clothes are fitting, which you already said you waist is smaller.

At this stage just continue to progress and keep your diet tidy.

If you're relatively new to the gym, body weight is a poor measurement of success. You'll be getting those newby gains. Plus you're probably eating better so more food and more water in your body. No doubt you'll be burning fat while increasing strength and muscle at this early stage. Go by how your clothes are fitting, which you already said you waist is smaller.

At this stage just continue to progress and keep your diet tidy.

Not really new to the gym been working out on and off around my knee reconstructions since about 2009, that being said i've not been able to train legs for 18+ months which is where i suggested the weight is going to but he doesn't seem to be happy with the "visual fat loss", i guess it's just put doubt in my mind haha

Ok, I thought you were just 4 weeks into training. Based on your body weight, 2000 calories is about right to drop fat. How many times a week do you train (weights and cardio)? How long is each session? Also how strict are you with your diet? Many people say they are hitting a caloric target, but have snacks and aren't 100% honest.

Ok, I thought you were just 4 weeks into training. Based on your body weight, 2000 calories is about right to drop fat. How many times a week do you train (weights and cardio)? How long is each session? Also how strict are you with your diet? Many people say they are hitting a caloric target, but have snacks and aren't 100% honest.

Yeah, probably could have worded it better that's my fault.

I'm 4 weeks back in from post surgery i had 6 months off, I've been keeping to my diet but am allowed a cheat meal a week. of which i've only had 3

Cardio is generally 2-3 times a week 15 mins (40 second jog 20 second sprint)
Weights is 5 times a week and then a rest day which I'm usually doing cardio on.

Each weight session usually lasts about an hour-1.5 depending on if i do core afterwards

Not sure if it was because my poor formatting @Penn, I've edited the top post to show my actual workout.

Can you explain why you think that would be better ?

Your doing a "10 week transformation". That usually means you want to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, this is difficult. Your squat and deadlift numbers are low due to your injury. If I was you I'd want to get those numbers up under maintenance calories or above then diet to lose the excess baggage granted this will take more than 10 weeks. Of course there are many ways to skin a cat and this is just my opinion. I think you would get better results taking a longer time view.

Your doing a "10 week transformation". That usually means you want to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, this is difficult. Your squat and deadlift numbers are low due to your injury. If I was you I'd want to get those numbers up under maintenance calories or above then diet to lose the excess baggage granted this will take more than 10 weeks. Of course there are many ways to skin a cat and this is just my opinion. I think you would get better results taking a longer time view.

Completely agree [MENTION=16499]Penn[/MENTION] but I've signed up for this transformation and I'd rather not let the trainer down as he's just starting out and is actually a genuine person so I'd like to please us both haha, I'm sure my diet and regime will change even if it's just minimally after i'm done the 10 weeks.

Try mixing up your cardio. The HIIT cardio I feel is better when your body fat is already low and you want to increase calorie expenditure, as it's more efficient. I would be doing LISS cardio at the moment. So 45-60 minute sessions of walking at a slight incline, bike or elliptical.

[MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION]; the max's challenge was 12 weeks right? how many guys went from went from skinny fat to jacked in that time?

Wow there's some solid transformations in there!

I will try the LISS training and possibly some HIIT Circuits ?

I Train at a home gym so equipment is limited as we're building a new shed to put it all in -_-

Thanks for the words of advice guys!

How long have you plateaued for? Are waist measurements still decreasing.?

As stated above [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION], been on the program for 4 weeks the first 3 i weighed in at 80 kg now back down to 79.5.

Have to go home and measure my waste that was the next step :)

As stated above [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION], been on the program for 4 weeks the first 3 i weighed in at 80 kg now back down to 79.5.

Have to go home and measure my waste that was the next step :)
Measurements will tell more of the story.

If you are legit on 2000 cals at80kg and not losing anything with that activity level, I'd get your thyroid checked

Measurements will tell more of the story.

If you are legit on 2000 cals at80kg and not losing anything with that activity level, I'd get your thyroid checked

Do you reckon 2k might be a bit low? Maybe bump it up significantly for a week and then decrease gradually?