• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
@oni; any more info on the gluten affecting protein absorption in non celiacs? And I do wonder how much actual effect it would have overall of that is the case eg. 160g protein with gluten may equal 150g protein without swith regards to total amount absorbed.

@oni; any more info on the gluten affecting protein absorption in non celiacs? And I do wonder how much actual effect it would have overall of that is the case eg. 160g protein with gluten may equal 150g protein without swith regards to total amount absorbed.

It's not absorption of protein it's the minerals IE mangnesium selenium manganese zinc etc
get albumin globulin blood test and measure waist and you have your answer
apparently can cause balding also, which is why native peoples lose their hair when they adopt the western diet

I'm still waiting for my hair regrowth lol, im not too hopeful

Okay. Sooo was looking through my diet just recapping on things, Trainer has put down to have 200g of chicken thigh yet put the macros in as breast....so i've been eating chicken thigh for 2 months which has easily put my fats over every day by ~25g.

Is this enough to effect me losing a lot of fat ? (rookie nutrition) I believe it is but just trying to pin point where it's gone wrong.

Half my fault i guess i should have checked the diet thoroughly.

That's only 225 calories so probably not a big deal in the scheme of things. If you religiously trim your thighs it doesn't have anywhere near that fat anyway.

Not a big deal if you're just maintaining, but if your goal is fat loss, it all adds up. Especially when over 2 months or 60 days. Just switch to breast now and you should be fine.

200g thigh vs breast according to calorie king is 6.8g extra fat. 60 extra calories. Not going to make bugger all difference.

Not a big deal if you're just maintaining, but if your goal is fat loss, it all adds up. Especially when over 2 months or 60 days. Just switch to breast now and you should be fine.

Yeah that's the plan [MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION], will switch asap and hit it hard, 2 weeks left to make a major difference see how we go haha, i've still shown progress just can't help but think i could show more if i had've been eating the right thing.

Live and learn!

I think the main thing to take away from this is, if there is one error, you could have multiple. Example, cooked vs uncooked rice weight