• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Do you reckon 2k might be a bit low? Maybe bump it up significantly for a week and then decrease gradually?
Fact remains that a deficit is required. If he'd been dieting for a long time then metabolic adaptations would have occurred and a diet break can help.

If it's only short term then I'd be checking bloods. Some people will need poverty macros to lose but with a fair bit of fat to lose, it shouldn't be that difficult. Basically if it was me,id be pissed if i was putting in that much effort and it came out later that it was a medical issue

Fact remains that a deficit is required. If he'd been dieting for a long time then metabolic adaptations would have occurred and a diet break can help.

If it's only short term then I'd be checking bloods. Some people will need poverty macros to lose but with a fair bit of fat to lose, it shouldn't be that difficult. Basically if it was me,id be pissed if i was putting in that much effort and it came out later that it was a medical issue

Absolutely, you expect some return for all your effort. Your former point about adaptation and having a break was what I was getting at. 2k is fairly low, maybe his PT had him go too low too fast, however you would expect a period of fairly rapid fat loss (so to speak) initially.

Dude, as mos have said, if your training, weighing the same but waist is shrinking, you're progressing.

Diet:
Cals: 1982
P: 169
C 208
F 53

Try:
Protein - 260g - 1kg white fish, 6 eggs + incidental protein from other foods
Carbs - 170g - from 1kg potato, 10g other
Fats - 65g - from coconut oil

2300kcal, I guarantee you though this will strip the fat off better. Eat the majority of your carbs post training

Try:
Protein - 260g - 1kg white fish, 6 eggs + incidental protein from other foods
Carbs - 170g - from 1kg potato, 10g other
Fats - 65g - from coconut oil

2300kcal, I guarantee you though this will strip the fat off better. Eat the majority of your carbs post training

Hey 0ni, Bit new to the whole diet side of things, why will the extra cals help me strip fat off better ?
I know that coconut oil has fat burning properties and I understand the concept of eating majority of my carbs post training, but can you explain why the extra cals ?

Also on this would I even need protein shakes/supplements as it seems majority of my protein would be accounted for with the fish and eggs.

Hey 0ni, Bit new to the whole diet side of things, why will the extra cals help me strip fat off better ?
I know that coconut oil has fat burning properties and I understand the concept of eating majority of my carbs post training, but can you explain why the extra cals ?

Also on this would I even need protein shakes/supplements as it seems majority of my protein would be accounted for with the fish and eggs.

Protein shake because it will not cause discomfort while training- solid food will. You recover better if you have a bit of something in you while you train
Protein cannot be stored as fat - only burned
Coconut oil is 40% MCT- MCTs cannot be stored as fat only burned
Only thing listed is the 60% of fats from the coconut oil, the carbs and any other trace fats
Carbs eaten post training will be preferentially stored as muscle glycogen after you deplete it. Say training burns 300kcal.

So you have 2300kcal.
350kcal from MCT- cannot be stored only burned.
1060kcal from protein - cannot be stored only burned
680kcal from carbs - can be stored as fat- some will be used to replenish glyocogen post training (200kcal worth max)
235kcal of fats from coconut oil that are not MCTs - can be stored as fat

So looking here, you have 1610 of these calories which will not be stored as fats and used for energy. That's 690kcal that can be stored as fat
Compared to yours where 1102 calories can potentially be stored as fat- twice as much

Protein shake because it will not cause discomfort while training- solid food will. You recover better if you have a bit of something in you while you train
Only thing listed is the 60% of fats from the coconut oil, the carbs and any other trace fats
Carbs eaten post training will be preferentially stored as muscle glycogen after you deplete it. Say training burns 300kcal.

So you have 2300kcal.
680kcal from carbs - can be stored as fat- some will be used to replenish glyocogen post training (200kcal worth max)

So looking here, you have 1610 of these calories which will not be stored as fats and used for energy. That's 690kcal that can be stored as fat
Compared to yours where 1102 calories can potentially be stored as fat- twice as much

Awesome! thanks for the info 0ni! you're a wealth of knowledge mate!

I think i'm going to continue on with what my "trainer" wants me to do and see how that goes as it's his 10 week plan. then after that i'll switch to something like the above to lean the rest of the way down to my goals!

I'm guessing a strict diet like that shouldn't be put on the body for too long with lack of red meat etc ? or is that all here say ?

Awesome! thanks for the info 0ni! you're a wealth of knowledge mate!

I think i'm going to continue on with what my "trainer" wants me to do and see how that goes as it's his 10 week plan. then after that i'll switch to something like the above to lean the rest of the way down to my goals!

I'm guessing a strict diet like that shouldn't be put on the body for too long with lack of red meat etc ? or is that all here say ?

If you're eating plenty of leafy greens with your meals then you should be fine without red meat

If you're eating plenty of leafy greens with your meals then you should be fine without red meat

Alright will take it on board! Thanks [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]

Will probably put up some more posts re: Diet after the 10 weeks is up, half way tomorrow :/

Okay, so i'm 5 weeks in as of yesterday.

Sent this update pic to my trainer and he said he's still stumped and asked if i've had any slip ups.

I can see the difference but i'm not sure if it's not enough or he's not happy with it. but i'm definitely happy with my progress so far.

It sounds like your trainer is a bit inexperienced. There's definitely a change there, and it's only been 5 weeks. He needs to be realistic.

It sounds like your trainer is a bit inexperienced. There's definitely a change there, and it's only been 5 weeks. He needs to be realistic.

TBH i'm actually a bit disappointed but i'm not sure if i expected too much out of it.

not once has he tried to adjust my workouts or diet he just always suggested that there was something wrong with me and he's stuck on it.

Every email i get from him is 2 lines just asking for a weigh in and progress.

I would have expected a "how's your training, how you feeling etc" even if it was just to be polite.

I'd heard very good things about him and he seemed to be a very positive person and always wanted to "change the industry" but I really just feel like he doesn't care unless i'm showing the right results.

Sorry rant haha

Well he doesn't sound very encouraging at all. Why is he so hard on you. Did you give him abit of 'tude.. lel

Nah I just reckon he needs to give credit where credits due and you certainly have made progress judging by those pics. Time to shop for another trainer, man!

Well he doesn't sound very encouraging at all. Why is he so hard on you. Did you give him abit of 'tude.. lel

Nah I just reckon he needs to give credit where credits due and you certainly have made progress judging by those pics. Time to shop for another trainer, man!

TBH [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] i don't think i will bother having a trainer for this and just go it solo, this was meant to be a favor for him to do some 10 week transformations, while i am also a paying customer i'm disappointed at his level of enthusiasm and involved-ness with the regime he's given me.

I've got 5 more weeks, i'll stick to his program and then i'll start my won thing and rework my diet and workouts adjusting them where I see fit.

:) thanks for the support fellas!

So you have 2300kcal.

Can you please explain the bold info from your post?

I guess learn the basics from the PT and then go off on your own for a while. A lot of it is just putting in the hours and experimenting to find what works for you.

I guess learn the basics from the PT and then go off on your own for a while. A lot of it is just putting in the hours and experimenting to find what works for you.

Exactly my thoughts, this was just meant to be a learning experience for me as i'm studying to be a PT myself so i wanted to see how others do it.

going off this i'm sure i can do a much better job :), probably comes across as cocky but oh well lol