• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Who does them?
Good tricep builder?
Good or bad for elbows?
Single or both arm sets?

Don't know, suppinating the hand partially contracts the biceps, which will limit a good contraction of the tricep, plus pronating the hand enables more resistance. win.

Who does them?
Good tricep builder?
Good or bad for elbows?
Single or both arm sets?

Me. But have swapped them for pronated grip currently.

Not bad.

No better or worse than any other exercise.

Both hands on the ez bar.

Sometimes
Feels ok, it's not a heavy exercise
Good pump, but trick is to stand back a little, extend arms forward, elbows slightly in front of the body and sorta extend forward.
Elbow at side pulling straight down didn't do much for me.
If you can understand what I'm mumbling about.

I never liked them
I like using the long bar for pulldowns and gripping just outside shoulder width, regular grip
Like you would a bench press

Sometimes
Feels ok, it's not a heavy exercise
Good pump, but trick is to stand back a little, extend arms forward, elbows slightly in front of the body and sorta extend forward.
Elbow at side pulling straight down didn't do much for me.
If you can understand what I'm mumbling about.
I'm with this guy. If anyone knows how to work zee guns, it's Grunta.
I can only do them light, otherwise my grip suffers before the tri's get a working. Good for a pump though

Not a fan. Your grip will fail before the triceps. I think you'd be better off with rope extension with a hammer grip.

from my observations and conversations of single arm method, some people love exercise, some reckon it is useless.

I like them as an alternative, and I can make my triceps burn from exercise, as I could with any exercise.

Having said that, I only have 40cm arms.

see I hate rope exercise; we need to celebrate diversity of exercise and reality that we all respond differently to each exercise given we all have a different feel and different form to the exercises we use.

I mean any exercise should work if intensity and form is right.

see I hate rope exercise; we need to celebrate diversity of exercise and reality that we all respond differently to each exercise given we all have a different feel and different form to the exercises we use.

spot on.

Using a rope or towel enables one to really contract the triceps, you can position the arms a tad past the TORSO rope enables the hands to travel further.

Last edited:
if question is to me, I feel a lot of tension on forearms with rope, whereas I feel I have greater focus on tricep with one arm reverse extensions.

It is a bit like overhead tricep press compared to lying tricep press to head; I prefer to do movement overhead. I know both exercises work, but prefer feel of one over other.

Beauty of bb movements is there is so much choice.

60660879.jpg

if question is to me, I feel a lot of tension on forearms with rope, whereas I feel I have greater focus on tricep with one arm reverse extensions.

It is a bit like overhead tricep press compared to lying tricep press to head; I prefer to do movement overhead. I know both exercises work, but prefer feel of one over other.

Beauty of bb movements is there is so much choice.

No mate, my question was a general to everyone in relation to pronated as opposed to supinated, as I just don't comprehend how someone can say they don't feel any difference