• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The triceps burn before the grip gives oiut. It seems to hit the inner head of the tricep (not that you can isolate it). Try a bout 20kg depending on the cable machine for sets of 12-15... Fuarrrk I use handles rather than the fixed bar. Allows for a more natural grip.

Not a fan. Your grip will fail before the triceps. I think you'd be better off with rope extension with a hammer grip.

not having a go at you Steve. I know you do specific forearm work, but one of my peeves is seeing dudes at the gym who use straps but have scrawny forearms. That's just a vicious circle.

I don't do RVGrip Pressdowns either.

To really maximize the function of the tricep considering how it crosses over the shoulder, youd need to have the arm either overhead like a press (french press)
or like i stated before, arms just behind the mid-line of the torso, best achieved using a neutral grip and rope like steve and jung states.

Yeah, same. Seem some kunce finger curl the olympic bar, but never actually lift it with a decent weight.

Most of my forearm work are reverse curls, so the top of the forearm (thumbs up muscle), not grip strength. I just try to avoid exercises where the limiting factor isn't the muscle I'm targeting.

In fact doing a rope extension you can really feel the muscle cramping, as it reaches a full contraction

The triceps burn before the grip gives oiut. It seems to hit the inner head of the tricep (not that you can isolate it). Try a bout 20kg depending on the cable machine for sets of 12-15... Fuarrrk I use handles rather than the fixed bar. Allows for a more natural grip.

yes, that sounds like what I do, sometimes I do 4x8 each hand 25kg (1 minute rest), and my triceps are working very hard.

To really maximize the function of the tricep considering how it crosses over the shoulder, youd need to have the arm either overhead like a press (french press)
or like i stated before, arms just behind the mid-line of the torso, best achieved using a neutral grip and rope like steve and jung states.

And after the last rep, move the pin up to 50% of the load and rip out rope pull downs until you fail or the tricep explodes, Ker-Razy pump.

not having a go at you Steve. I know you do specific forearm work, but one of my peeves is seeing dudes at the gym who use straps but have scrawny forearms. That's just a vicious circle.

Took a photo of dat dere forearm pump lol. I probably could back off some of the forearm volume and use that time on other things.

20150717_183911_Copy.jpg

Personally, overhand grip has always worked far better than underhand.
When I first started I would tuck my elbows in towards my body, but now I extend my arms forward.
Basically using elbows as an axis and straightening them to the bottom of movement, and going back up.