• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What exercises did you all think were stupid until you tried it yourself?

Forward to 17s

I still think this is stupid and no, have not and will not try it myself. People also seem to do it with a front raise/DB upright row combination. Generally old people or gym noobs. Sheer idiocy imo.

Power snatch, yolo. My right shoulders has been a bane if my life and would never dream of being able to get into a receiving position without something going horribly wrong. Until now.

Cable lateral raises. The only guys doing them were the ones who couldn't be bothered doing military presses, and they had horrible form. I thought it was a bit of a "hey, look at me" exercise, much like standing cable curls to your head. But if done properly, they burn the middle delt.

Forward to 17s

I still think this is stupid and no, have not and will not try it myself. People also seem to do it with a front raise/DB upright row combination. Generally old people or gym noobs. Sheer idiocy imo.
I would love to know the reasoning behind moving ones arms in differant directions at the same time like that. Why not just bloody keep doing what you were doing.

I would love to know the reasoning behind moving ones arms in differant directions at the same time like that. Why not just bloody keep doing what you were doing.

I imagine if you were pushing the weight it would be a great way to damage your back.

You shunned it 'til you tried it yourself, now you're an enthusiast?

Used to tease the Columbian chick a work about it, till she took me to her class, the view was spectacular, realise I'm not much of a zumbist thought.

Forward to 17s

That one is usually done right before someone does RC work with a dumbbell. Looks stupid because it is stupid!

Incline bench
Always thought regular bench and strict military press would be enough. Until I tried them, now they are a regular.

Incline bench
Always thought regular bench and strict military press would be enough. Until I tried them, now they are a regular.
Same.

Did pl style bench for years. Eventually got a shoulder injury, tried Incline after rehab and turns out it's about a million times better for chest activation for me.

Now I can Incline basically what I could comp style bench press

Deadlifts. Trained for about 9-10 years before i did my first dead.

TBH, i always stayed away from deadlifts as i'd heard so many horror stories, i've also got issues with my legs from knee recons so never really feel upto it, do them every 2nd day now!

TBH, i always stayed away from deadlifts as i'd heard so many horror stories, i've also got issues with my legs from knee recons so never really feel upto it, do them every 2nd day now!
Every 2nd day? Wow..keen much [emoji50] [emoji14]

Every 2nd day? Wow..keen much [emoji50] [emoji14]

Very! haha they don't seem to be hindering me much, just keeping form in check and keeping everything tight the gains to my strength are amazing wish i had've started earlier!

Good-girl/bad-girl. Turns out transverse abduction is actually pretty good at strengthening the glutes if you do it right. Don't be h8 on my ultra-toned booty.