• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
P

Playcat

Right, I've created a whole new account for this rant, because it's somewhat...personal.

How the fudge do I meet a dude who's into the training lifestyle as much as I am? Because that's what it is. A style of life. I don't want to be dating someone who just doesn't get it, and constantly tries to throw me off track (not gonna happen) and complain about my dedication.

The gym would be the obvious answer, but I'd feel so weird using it to try and score. I'm there to train, the dudes are there to train. End of story. Plus, how awkward would it be if shenanigans occur and end badly.

I've dipped into online dating, but I've only managed to find super-creeps, and people who aren't on the same wavelength. It might work for some, but I guess it's just not for me.

I mean, I just want someone to make that sweet, sweet, superfit love with, talk training with, make protein goodies together and be swolemates. Meal prep with someone would be sooooo much better!

My way of life is fairly clean, so drinking is minimal, eliminating the bar scene, my pals are not into gym AT ALL, so I guess I find it difficult to meet like minded dudes.

I'm getting so desperate, that the guy who plays saxaphone dressed in an Elmo suit on Southbank is beginning to look appealing.

I'm not a nutcase, I'm attractive and fit, and have meaningful employment.

Ideas?!?! Help!!

I think I know who this is, but anyway.

Just PM [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] [MENTION=12407]Undercover[/MENTION] hell even [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION] will travel.

Ah wait, she doesn't want creeps. Sorry [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] [MENTION=12407]Undercover[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION] . Best of luck elsewhere :D

Um. OK. Sounds like you have a pretty one dimensional life. Frankly, I don't want my partner training with me. It would be a pain in the butt. I'm 189cm tall and prefer petite girls. So imagine squatting in the same rack with that. Unloading the bar every set. Changing the bar height. No thanks.

I see couples training together and it don't work too well, unless the guy is into being weak and skinny, which is way too often the case.

Instead of looking for someone who fits in with your one track life, maybe try branching out and looking for someone into surfing, hiking or some other physical pursuit.

When you are 5 years old you are allowed to think the universe revolves around you needs. When you grow up, that should change.

#toughlove

Nearly had me :D, OK who's the commedian? This smells like [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] : or [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION] ;

But just incase its not, The Grunta is here for you [MENTION=18302]Playcat[/MENTION] ; you have a pic , you know just to put a face to the name?

1. Become a personal trainer. This way you'll meet and network with hundreds of other like minded people and trainers.

2. Enter competitions. Heaps of dedicated people at meets and events.

3. Join a lifting club.

4. Open your own gym.

5. Just be honest like you have been in your post above, most time wasters won't bother trying.

She raises some valid points.

Swolemates Lol

Ironically the gym is a terrible place to meet people unless chicks really dig that looking like you've just run 10 ks, sweaty, dragged through a bush backwards look.

Anyway [MENTION=12409]Sir El Stiffy[/MENTION]; PM me your digits. :cool:

Right, I've created a whole new account for this rant, because it's somewhat...personal.

How the fudge do I meet a dude who's into the training lifestyle as much as I am? Because that's what it is. A style of life. I don't want to be dating someone who just doesn't get it, and constantly tries to throw me off track (not gonna happen) and complain about my dedication.

The gym would be the obvious answer, but I'd feel so weird using it to try and score. I'm there to train, the dudes are there to train. End of story. Plus, how awkward would it be if shenanigans occur and end badly.

I've dipped into online dating, but I've only managed to find super-creeps, and people who aren't on the same wavelength. It might work for some, but I guess it's just not for me.

I mean, I just want someone to make that sweet, sweet, superfit love with, talk training with, make protein goodies together and be swolemates. Meal prep with someone would be sooooo much better!

My way of life is fairly clean, so drinking is minimal, eliminating the bar scene, my pals are not into gym AT ALL, so I guess I find it difficult to meet like minded dudes.

I'm getting so desperate, that the guy who plays saxaphone dressed in an Elmo suit on Southbank is beginning to look appealing.

I'm not a nutcase, I'm attractive and fit, and have meaningful employment.

Ideas?!?! Help!!
Uhmmmmm hello. :)

[MENTION=18302]Playcat[/MENTION]; Whoa yeah, woohoo finally female member!!! Pics??? Whats your insta/fb/mobile??? Spill it.

settle down fellas , you lot act like you have never encountered a female before

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions. No, I do not have a one-track life, but fitness and gym are certainly a large part of it. My interests and hobbies are quite varied, but it would be nice to meet someone with a similar passion for fitness and health. No, I don't need to be attached at the hip with someone and train together - but being able to talk about our mutual interests is deff something that would be a positive thing, in my view anyways.

Maybe I just need to get out more.

I know i will get some flak for this, but crossfit is usually a pretty social bunch of people, better than a gym thats for sure.