• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
through the "REPS", an s for between the rep, do you breath a big full breath between or just enough to get through the next one??? think about it.

if its the first rep them more likely something is happening.

if it was after the tenth or twentyth rep then the muscles using oxygen and creating alot of biproducts i would think you need to breath... but before the first rep? thats not lack of oxygen.

are you perhaps hyperventilating a touch in an effort to breath more requently and get a good breath???

i think too much air in there isn't good for the expansion that ensues. not too big, not too small, and breath through the reps. just my opinion.

but yeah the diaphram drive has nothing to do with oxygen, its purely about moving the carbon dioxide out of our body. so use that info to pinpoint why your getting light headed. nobody knows your routine but you.

and even with this carbon dioxide, it will happily substitute into the cells the same as oxygen, its not good, its stressfull, but it will and it does happen... for example people doing mt everest, their oxymetry, the lowest ever recorded was like 32% meaning all their carbon dioxide was substituting to make up the lack of oxygen in the blood and muscles.

now this is ok short term but it is a poison... the main effect is it makes you feel like shit! and to push through that and still perform is probably what makes the difference betweeen some athletes and others.

edit: you know who you are @Bazza20 ;

Last edited:
i have a close friend who deadlifts 300kg, an irl friend.
and he weights less than you, cut?
another friend at 74kg benched 160kg strictly for 3 reps. agains, don't be mad. spotted him.

different goals son.
you have no idea what goals are.

What are you trying to say, that this dizzyness is caused by too much 02??
The dizziness is caused by a drop in blood pressure and blood flow to the brain. Due to a fall in stroke volume of the heart because the blood supply return to the heart is restricted until the body can compensate. That make any sense?

The dizziness is caused by a drop in blood pressure and blood flow to the brain. Due to a fall in stroke volume of the heart because the blood supply return to the heart is restricted until the body can compensate. That make any sense?

so how dose our blood pressure change leading up, and during a lift? this i am very very interested in.

so how dose our blood pressure change leading up, and during a lift? this i am very very interested in.
When you take a big breath and brace this causes the blood in the lungs to be pushed to the heart causing the initial rise in stroke volume and small rise in blood pressure.

Yes, that makes a lotta sense. I been getting it in deadlifts too (first rep only), very disconcerting to say the least.

When you take a big breath and brace this causes the blood in the lungs to be pushed to the heart causing the initial rise in stroke volume and small rise in blood pressure.

thank you that makes sense.

and so that fluctuation causees can lead to lighth headedness??

thank you that makes sense.

and so that fluctuation causees can lead to lighth headedness??
yes, have a look at the graph here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver see how pronounced the drop is.
This is for a person not exerting themselves. IF you are exerting yourself the graph would be a bit different, the recovery would be quicker as your heart rate would increase a lot and your blood pressure would also increase a lot, BP's of 300mmHg are not uncommon for lifting heavy.
Also don't read the bit about weightlifting further down that page .. its bullshit.

yes, have a look at the graph here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver see how pronounced the drop is.
This is for a person not exerting themselves. IF you are exerting yourself the graph would be a bit different, the recovery would be quicker as your heart rate would increase a lot and your blood pressure would also increase a lot, BP's of 300mmHg are not uncommon for lifting heavy.
Also don't read the bit about weightlifting further down that page .. its bullshit.

i think most of this happens through instinct through legit years and years of doing it

and im yet to see a study that uses proper athlete... reason being, even proper athletes use 10 diffrerent styles to accomplish the same result, so how wil a study show which one worked? they all worked, so its a bad result so they don't choose those people...
just as example of how i hate studies

Heres a question, at what point do you Powerlifters use "normal breathing" (in on the eccentric and out on the concentric) rather than the valsalva maneuver? 10 reps, 20 reps????

Anyway for me, I always think to brace the spine by consciously engaging the core/transverse abdominis etc when doing stuff like Squats, bent over rows, presses etc.

i for one, absolutely love the big words, that absolutelely means... nothing haha!!!!
lol this is the worst link if your a real doctor, you've got no idea, i love hot it says absolube bullshit and nothing :D

i for one, absolutely love the big words, that absolutelely means... nothing haha!!!!
lol this is the worst link if your a real doctor, you've got no idea, i love hot it says absolube bullshit and nothing :D

seriously ?... oh it must be CO2 then.

my mistake, carry on.

i have a close friend who deadlifts 300kg, an irl friend.
and he weights less than you, cut?
another friend at 74kg benched 160kg strictly for 3 reps. agains, don't be mad. spotted him.

different goals son.
you have no idea what goals are.

Lol. Who cares what your "friend" does.

I had a guy tell me his "friend" in real life benches 550kg for reps. Lol. Friend lifts are so legit. Lol

Obviously you lift no where near those numbers.

Different goals. I'm not a powerlifter either so what do I care what your "friend" lifts. Just a tip, probably don't bag out my lifting when you can't get anywhere close to those numbers.

dats a shame, you can't even get cloese to showing a similar, not even an eliete athlete,