• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
not surprised with this outcome

the traditional movements are still king

I found it interesting that the MP activated the anterior delt so much more than than front raise.

The BTN press is not something I have really employed for a while but might have to change that looking at those numbers.

i need to add face pulls with the rope used for tris
in the lat pulldown machine seated

lean back a bit and face pull seems the go

Interesting to see that upright rows work the whole shoulder and traps equally. They're a good exercise but mobility can be a problem for some people.

I thought that cable lateral raises would isolate the side of the shoulder more, but it looks like dumbbells are superior.

seated BTN is the only thing i use the smith machine for

works very well with no risk on injury

People have a weaker core than their shoulders can lift? I know I'm like that whenever I try and do db presses with nothing to push the back against (on a flat bench for example(

yep can isolate the shoulder more with support

although i see standing oh press is important it depends on your goals

functional or bodybuilding

So BTN presses aren't bad for the cervical spine and shoulder health? Can't remember who it was who told me to stop doing them due to risk > benefits?

So BTN presses aren't bad for the cervical spine and shoulder health? Can't remember who it was who told me to stop doing them due to risk > benefits?

jelly kunce who want to keep all the gains to themselves.

agree with CT. Love BTN presses. I do them standing though. As for shoulder health like anything start off light and build up.

How low do you go with BTN presses? I can drop them right down similar to a high bar squat position but not sure if that is optimal or not lol

takes atleast 4 sets to feel the movement, then free weights for more...