• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This weeks topic: Squats.

• High bar vs. low bar?
  • Programming for squats?
  • Is it leg day or squat day + accessories?
  • How much do you squat?
  • Don't squat? Why not?
Feel free to discuss anything else relevant to the topics above; they are simply starting points

Front squats
5x5 generally
Leg day
Not enough :(
Don't back squat, just don't like it. Much the same why I don't deadlift. Just do other exercises instead

• High bar vs. low bar? LOW BAR for dat ass, followed by sum fronties to keep me honest.

• Programming for squats? 3x5 heavy, 3x10 medium, AMRAP light

• Is it leg day or squat day + accessories? Skwarts first, accessories after derr

• How much do you squat? 130kg if someone spoons spot me

• Don't squat? Why not? Wot

High Bar and Front Squats
Usually 8-12 reps off bench press, when I have rack usually 4-8 reps.
I do squats on my quad days
I usually do about 90 for reps, but when I have a rack I can push around 105. With a new rack, I'm aiming for 160 next year.
Always squat, ensure correct form to prevent injury.

High bar vs. low bar?
High bar unless going quite heavy. Low bar targets my glutes too much.

Programming for squats?
3 sets of back squats, 3 sets of front squats. Reps and weights vary.

Is it leg day or squat day + accessories?
Quad day.

How much do you squat?
Never tested my 1RM. I can squat 140kg for 3 sets of 6, 50kg for 100 reps and everything in between.

Don't squat? Why not?
Ok if you're a girly man.