• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
what you were working toward when you started out. What were your short and long term goals and how often did they change?

Curls for the girls, abs for the spread. And fully shredded for summadayze kunces!! (before stereo took over)

I was 12 years old, 5 foot nothing and 25kg, which put me at a BMI of approximately HowAreYouNotDead?

My immediate goal every time I exercised was to either do more reps or do a harder version of a given exercise (eg moving from knee push ups to toe push ups, increasing ROM, using heavier dumbbells from within our small collection of not very heavy dumbbells). My mid-term goal was to not be able to see the ribs behind my nipples. My long term goal was to train in 100G and become a super-saiyan. Never quite achieved that one.

I was starting out with weights at 14/15. Dad took to me see one of his mates who was one of the trainers at the roosters back then. He got me on a 3 day a week program & made sure my technique was perfect on everything for the 1st 6 weeks, then left me to it. The goals were just to walk into the weights room and not be embarrassed, then it was to get thru a session doing all the exercises. After that it was about increasing the weight gradually! Long time ago now!

Ehh i just set a goal to go on a regular basis. 2 days a week and then get an idea of what to do.

I knew nothing when i started. and therefore my only goal was to not look skinny fat...i was 82kg. 6ft tall...and not a single ounce of muscle to be seen.
First goal was to lose the extra load. got down to 72kg fairly quickly. still looked extremely shit (even with abs) so i started reading. and eating. and lifting. and talking shit on a car forum. then talking shit on here. haha.
Seen i realised my goal was to be bigger and stronger than a 13yo girl.

I'm still chasing that goal.

I will say beginner is when I actually started using a barbell. I spent about a year fucking around with only BW exercises before that. Got pretty decent at BW exercises and built up some good muscular endurance though.

My goals initially were to increase strength. I was not really interested in gaining any size as I was competing in BJJ comps at the time and was happy with my weight class (77kg no cutting). The next class up was 86kg and those guys looked like monsters haha. I was doing stronglifts 5x5 and the PTC beginners program for about 9 months from memory. Goals were based off the stronglifts goals which were something like 2x bw squat, 1.5x bw bench 2.5x bw deadlift. Then after not too long I changed that to the 140/100/180 that Markos talks about. Did that after a year or so I think.

I just checked my log. I still chuckle at my bench press goals. 2010 I was 77kg and could bench 100kgx1. 2015 and I have benched 105kg twice (in late 2012 and 2013). Now if my shoulders would let me I'm sure I could bench more as I can now just about incline bench my actual comp flat bench but will not be testing for the forseeable future. Maybe in another 5 years or so my shoulders will be happy to do flat bench again :p

I started when I joined this forum. I was 110-120kg skinny fat, I kid you not. Lol. All guts and no shoulders, legs or arms.
Still learning and making stupid mistakes. I think the moment you get pig headed and think you have it all sussed is when you'll get stuck in a rut.