• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is where chin-ups fail, using a cable you can angle the torso to Change the line of resistance.
this machine is a delight to use

We have that at our gym not MEDX one but looks and works exactly the same. Called a front lat pulldown or something.

My shoulders get all clicky and poppy from tryna do wide grip pullups with double overhand grip. The reduced range of motion annoys me. Also how I look just like an orangutan while in that position.

I just did.

pullups, wide grip hands pronated (no other choice) around 900mm
chinups; around shoulder width (700mm) or thereabouts
pulldown, cable machine using chinup position
lat pulldown; same as pullups

Where does a supinated grip fit in? Does that denote a chin up?

6a00e5502e47b288330192ab34ad86970d-800wi

Gary Jones and his troops hit on some winners and that is one of them, the twit in the video is sitting too high, look at the wrists, fuck wit.

Yeah looks just like that. So the seat position should be such that if the weight was > your BW, you'd be lifted off the seat in the top position.. is that it?

Or is the seat height correct when your legs are at 90 deg at the knees and torso.

When the top point is just above full extension of the muscle. The subject there has a bend in her wrists.

Yes, I full extension of course. So really one has to grab the handles and then sit down otherwise there would be no full extension.

I like this one personally
Pay attention to how much weight is being used

Yeah looks just like that. So the seat position should be such that if the weight was > your BW, you'd be lifted off the seat in the top position.. is that it?

Or is the seat height correct when your legs are at 90 deg at the knees and torso.

Set the seat so you can just touch the handles, lift the thigh pad to the top, grab handles, sit down, lift thigh to dis lodge the pad until it locks you in, pull, slow and controlled.

if you're at a gym where there is this and a pullover, they are two machines that really hit the lats like no other.

set the pullover up its rarely used, shoulder in line with axsis, load up 40 kg, it's all you'll need.
go to the high row, with 40 kg rep to failure, should be around 120 sec, don't count reps, just go until you can't move, (DONT USE MOMENTUM), go straight to the pullover and do the same, it's important to go full range on this, right back as far as you can go, all the way to the tummy, do not use the hands, push through with the elbow, place the hands at the side of the bar, not on top.