• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
What's the exercise that you see every bro or gym noob doing that you think is a waste of time?

Weighted side bends. Because every fat slob and 5 minute Ronnie Coleman thinks they will have piano key serratus' in a months time when in actual fact there are much better exercises for that, but hey...I seen it on the interwebs....

what if you're too fat to do pullups?

do these whether you're fat or thin
images.jpg

Pros;
larger ROM
targets the lat's
the biceps
the grip
the forearm
much safer on the shoulder

cons;
can cause elbow irritation, especially in older people

Pros;
kinder to the elbow
targets the rhomboid
serratus posterior
levator scapula
cons;
potential shoulder wrecker
can cause tennis/golfers elbow

Funny you should mention this one, as I would love to do pulls up, however, I find when I do I get made Golfers Elbow, BUT when I do lat pull downs the elbow is not effected....

I tend to agree with Db lateral bends. Especially when most people are trying to get a smaller waist.

I do them unweighted to crack my back though lol

Funny you should mention this one, as I would love to do pulls up, however, I find when I do I get made Golfers Elbow, BUT when I do lat pull downs the elbow is not effected....

yeah, once you get it, it a bitch to fix.

I tried the four types of movement to find out which one stopped the pain, for me it was, the rotating movement, both suppination and pronation.

I tend to agree with Db lateral bends. Especially when most people are trying to get a smaller waist.

I do them unweighted to crack my back though lol

Real heavy side-bends are a great exercise for building strength deep in the spine.
done properly brings outstanding results, once a week one set (around 120 seconds TUT) is plenty.

double bicep curls on cable crossover machine. Classic bro movement. You get a workout and can practice your posing at same time.

yeah, once you get it, it a bitch to fix.

I tried the four types of movement to find out which one stopped the pain, for me it was, the rotating movement, both suppination and pronation.

Yeah I find what helps when I do get is getting a DB, letting it hang by my side and then twisting full rotation back and forth, seems to really stretch out and relieves the pain over a period of time, but its a biatch of a thing

Biggest waste of time I see is people doing bouncy calf raises. Calf raises are good; achilles raises aren't so useful.
Pros;
kinder to the elbow
targets the rhomboid
serratus posterior
levator scapula
cons;
potential shoulder wrecker
can cause tennis/golfers elbow
Oddly enough, I find pull ups/downs with a grip about 1 hand's width closer than this is about the only form my shoulders can handle. Closer grip, hammer grip or supine grip, my shoulders crunch and grind throughout the movement.

Haha fuk me looks like I got to revamp my exercise selection based on these responses! :D
Kettlebell side bends
Lat Pulldown..

I don't have a prob with most of the exercises that the "bros" do at the gym. It's their body english that they introduce to their movements which fascinates me (but I try not to point and stare)
epic nicki minaj buttwink quarter rep squats
lumberjack swinging dumbell curls
eagle in distress reverse flyes
gangbang fellatio mimicking facepulls

another one is where you see people stating they do ATG (calves touching ham's) squats when in fact they are just doing half squats (hip just below knee)

I'm sayin that most noobs think that by doing the wide-wide overhand grip type pull-up or pull-down as opposed to the standard good old chin-up gives them "lat spread" that is bullshite.

Def agree with that. Very common misconception that wide grip will give a wide back