• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is the kicker, it might not fell bad at the time....

if you look at the mechanics of those biceps, the two fundamental actions, are to suppinated the hand, and then to lift the arm over the head.

If one wants to develop the forearm do wrist curls and their variants.

These movements are similar to a weighted static hold in different stages of supination I suppose, with a small ROM. IF you do a pronated grip BB or EZ bar curls properly you will feel it stressing your brachioradialis. I agree wrist curls are great but you need some variation.

This is the important part, and a mistake that many people make. From a fully stretched position the first couple of inches of downward movement should be from your lats contracting not your arms/elbows pulling the bar down.
Lats contracting will move the bar a couple of inches?? Man I need bigger lats lol. I retract my scapula to get the first few inches. Maybe I have been doing these wrong too!

These movements are similar to a weighted static hold in different stages of supination I suppose, with a small ROM. IF you do a pronated grip BB or EZ bar curls properly you will feel it stressing your brachioradialis. I agree wrist curls are great but you need some variation.

are, now we are getting to the meat and taters, variation is great, overuse isn't

The incline curl is King IMO.
The only exercise that stretches the bicep at the bottom and the only bicep exercise that gives me DOMS.
I remember reading in an old Flex or Ironmag that Larry Scott did these religiously and he had tremendous biceps.

larry-scott-arms.jpg

Last edited:
The incline curl is King IMO.
The only exercise that stretches the bicep at the bottom and the only bicep exercise that gives me DOMS.
I remember reading in an old Flex or Ironmag that Larry Scott did these religiously and he had tremendous biceps.

larry-scott-arms.jpg

Have been doing these again for a couple of weeks since we were chatting about them recently. Definitely stretches the old arms out, dunno whether it = increased benefit but it feels good, in a masochistic sort of way.

The Ezybar curls never feels comfy for my elbows. I use the BB but heard suppinated grip is safer for the shoulders when going heavy on curls. This is such an interesting exercise.. I've only started doing curls in the past month or so, never used to do them!

I feel the opposite. EZ bar is fine, straight bar feels weird with my elbows. I guess do what works.

LOL. When ever I used to see kunce doing lat pulldowns, I'd get on my high horse and think, "weak as piss, can't do a chin-up".

Hopefully I've matured since then lol

In the scheme of things, (and although i do not think any exercise is useless as stated in the OP) this is at the bottom of the list for back building, especially for a neophyte, which is what this topic is about, and I suspect a "gymbro" is something like a weekend warrior?.

High horse, knee jerk, we have all been guilty of that, this so-called industry is full of smoke and mirrors

Last edited: