• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey, has anyone had much expernece with DUP programming?

When I stopped with oly lifting and had a break for the headaches and injuries to go away, I ran I linear starting strength type gig for about 4 weeks, then I made up a variant which basically has a 7s day, a 5s day and a 2/3 day...
I ran it for 4 weeks, and had a pb squat 160, which I haven't done over 150 for a while, probably a year...
I'm running candito at the moment, but I think I've gone backwards a bit...
So is DUP really good, or was it just coincidental?

Fwiw I really enjoyed the changing days... I only deadlifted once a week, which was for 1-3's after my 7's, but I'd change that to have it after my 3's but make the squat and bench power work

I've never had ANYONE have any success with it. Maybe I coach it wrong? Who knows
I find this gives the best progress for Western lifters that work your standard 8 hour day

5x10x88, 5x5x85 paused
5x10x96, 5x5x90 paused
5x8x104, 5x5x95 paused
5x8x112, 5x5x100 paused
5x5x120, 5x5x105 paused
5x5x128, 5x5x110 paused
5x3x136, 5x5x115 paused
5x3x144, 5x5x120 paused
5x1x152, 5x5x125 paused (might be impossible)
3x1x160
Max

Each line is a week

Also, I didn't have straight linea with in..
I used rpe, and I did a fair bit of extra volume/back off sets as well.. But always tried to go up on the week before

Maybe that's why I had good results?

Last edited:
Base it off a max you KNOW you can hit.
Then the last week after you complete it all, max out.

Your don't need to use RPE, you can make every set difficult.

Base it off a max you KNOW you can hit.
Then the last week after you complete it all, max out.

Your don't need to use RPE, you can make every set difficult.
So is that 2 sessions a week, 1 normal and one paused?
Have those numbers you wrote on a 160 max? Starts at 55% and adds 2.5% each week?

So is that 2 sessions a week, 1 normal and one paused?
Have those numbers you wrote on a 160 max? Starts at 55% and adds 2.5% each week?

Yeah that was based on a 160 max. It's 1 session a week. So you do all the regular squats then all the paused squats.
It is 5% jumps on the main squats. The paused I just made a progression that was difficult, but do-able.

If you want an extra day, add in front squats. Say your best is 130kg, you would put 130kg as the last week then the week before is 95% of that, then 90% before that and so on. Same set and rep scheme.

After you've completed it, max out. I guarantee at least 170kg. Kelly is a SHW lifter and she squatted 220kg at nationals this year in late May- more than any other female in Australia. The training cycle before she hit 210kg (March 1st). On the 14th December she squatted 145kg. She is completely natural and does shift work as a head nurse. All she does is what is listed above, but we vary the second exercise from cycle to cycle.

I like to use women, because they generally achieve FAR less than men when it comes to gaining strength.
On 14th December Emma King (60kg) squatted 95kg. At states in March 1st she hit 110kg. Then 122.5kg at nationals in May.

Lucy Clarke, 56kg lifter. 137.5kg deadlift at states in March. 160kg deadlift in May at nats
I myself have taken myself through from a start at 200kg in May 2014 to 210kg at CAPO nats in August 2014, then 230kg in November, then 250kg in May.

2 squat days, one deadlift day
doesnt ork so well for bench, i like sheiko for that

I'm finishing the block of candito, will see where numbers are.. May run again, or I may run basic 2 bench 2 squat days with this temp, will add dead day once a fortnight..

I've never had ANYONE have any success with it. Maybe I coach it wrong? Who knows
I find this gives the best progress for Western lifters that work your standard 8 hour day

5x10x88, 5x5x85 paused
5x10x96, 5x5x90 paused
5x8x104, 5x5x95 paused
5x8x112, 5x5x100 paused
5x5x120, 5x5x105 paused
5x5x128, 5x5x110 paused
5x3x136, 5x5x115 paused
5x3x144, 5x5x120 paused
5x1x152, 5x5x125 paused (might be impossible)
3x1x160
Max

Each line is a week
@0ni;
Would you still recommend this to peak for a meet? I'm planning on doing something similiar next time round as I don't think I prepped very well for my comp.

Edit- Oh....just read the whole thread properly...seems it would be good for peaking :)