• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

Does the IPF have comprehensive drug testing? No, if one admits that comprehensive drug testing must focus on out of competition testing (OCT).

In 2014, only 17 of the USAPL tests (mostly non-WADA accredited labs) were OCT.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...BAHe494TLxbOig_cf5gw4A/edit?hl=en&pli=1#gid=2

Ratio of OCT in USAPL has improved in 2015.

In 2014, around 40 of the listed IPF affiliates reporting drug tests conducted 0 OCT.

This included Germany, Poland, GB.

With Aust conducting 13 OCT, only 7 nations conducted more than us.
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fil...g/national-doping-reports-2014_2015_04_06.pdf

I don't know where the "comprehensive drug testing myth" comes from. I was not aware that anyone thought that every single athlete is drug tested both in every competition and out of competition.

Its general knowledge that drug testing is random in IPF powerlifting with world championship winners all tested and open world record holders all tested. But there is no way that every single amateur powerlifter is ever drug tested at every comp, in and out of competition.

Just the cost alone of current drug testing would bring tears to the eyes of any accountant.

Same goes for all the other drug tested sports, such as bowls, swimming and skeet shooting. I'm not certain but I think that even professional sports (e.g. AFL, NRL, etc) are not "comprehensively drug tested", whatever that means.

Compare that to other federations where no one is ever tested for anything. Ever. Even with a (cough) "no drugs allowed" policy.

Is drug testing "comprehensive"? No. Should you turn up at a comp expecting to be tested? You better, cos it will happen sooner or later.

Maybe someone can ask Steve Pritchard if he thinks he was "comprehensively" drug tested. If I remember rightly, he was hit with a drug test, on average, more than once a month for a 12 month period. I guess that counts if you are a tall poppy.

I don't know where the "comprehensive drug testing myth" comes from. I was not aware that anyone thought that every single athlete is drug tested both in every competition and out of competition.

Its general knowledge that drug testing is random in IPF powerlifting with world championship winners all tested and open world record holders all tested. But there is no way that every single amateur powerlifter is ever drug tested at every comp, in and out of competition.

Just the cost alone of current drug testing would bring tears to the eyes of any accountant.

Same goes for all the other drug tested sports, such as bowls, swimming and skeet shooting. I'm not certain but I think that even professional sports (e.g. AFL, NRL, etc) are not "comprehensively drug tested", whatever that means.

Compare that to other federations where no one is ever tested for anything. Ever. Even with a (cough) "no drugs allowed" policy.

Is drug testing "comprehensive"? No. Should you turn up at a comp expecting to be tested? You better, cos it will happen sooner or later.

Maybe someone can ask Steve Pritchard if he thinks he was "comprehensively" drug tested. If I remember rightly, he was hit with a drug test, on average, more than once a month for a 12 month period. I guess that counts if you are a tall poppy.

not sure if you read it right, but topic is IPF, not PA.

As for other sports, irrelevant. post is about IPF and whether there is adequate testing. Ummm, zero OCT tests in 40 IPF affiliates.

Really? I haven't seen a death yet.

Where is the data for this, I'm very interested in it.

Lawn Bowls is a really popular men and women’s game but most dangerous as well. This game is the highest death claimer worldwide. The players are deeply involved in the game till their last breath. They stop at nothing short of victory, in their pursuit. Those who escape death end up with bruises, torn knees, broken hips and bone fractures. The game generates extreme stresses resulting in strokes and even heart attack.

Lawn-Bowls.jpg

http://www.worldbowls.com/Portals/9...rld_Bowls_Anti-Doping_Regulations_May2014.pdf

Scandal -

Because the Irish Sports Council have been inundated with applications for medical exemptions from various minority sports they have decided to only target those players who are involved in national championships and internationals. They have included lawn bowls as one of the sports where this new rule applies.
There will be no more drug testing at BLI or LBLI championships
Only players who have qualified for the national championships need to be concerned about possible testing if they are on medications that are on the list of banned substances.
For full details of what is involved can be ascertained from the Irish Sports Council Anti Doping Rules. These can be accessed by clicking on the following link/

Last edited: