• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
db43bf7f07fff73dfb47017208c83da8.jpg

low carb doesn't mean no carb.

low carb can be 150grams for some, atleast 50 for everyone.

i can't be mad at that leaflet.

Lee Priest in a recent video says he goes as low as 250g, now for someone that size, that is pretty low. tho he claims he doesn't low carb. its certainly not 500-1000. so people with moderate muscle, not extreme, 1/2 that would be fine. and cycle in higher carb days to keep progress continuing.

Do you guys actually reckon that leaflet is worth its pixels on the screen? Calories in calories out first, not macros lol.

Do you guys actually reckon that leaflet is worth its pixels on the screen? Calories in calories out first, not macros lol.

Well
Calories will give 50% of the results
Macros an extra 25%
But if you can train intensely still and are getting enough protein I don't think it matter much after that
As of late I have been dieting on moderate protein, low fat and pretty high carbs. Less than 50g of fat a day, 150-200g of protein depending on hunger and the rest is carbs or just dumb shit like putting milk in my coffee lol

Seems to be working just as well, nothing strips the fat off like protein only though. NOTHING. I've had clients that like to use DNP and it worked better than DNP. One even ran DNP at the same time and it provided no extra benefit lol

When you stall, take a week off, high carbs then crash back in again

that sounds silly oni since ive heard dnp uses carbs to fuel its usefullness.

ie without carbs you don't see the results. but why the fuck would you have people using dnp anyway? you think your boston loyd? those types don't belong coaching people, they do more harm than good!
[MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ; well i think the flyer left out alot of important steps, but to my brain i filled in the blanks. to put everything in perspective would take pages, and its not a simple few pages, its a few pages of if this then that, if that then do another this, then this can be done that or this type shit, which is real life shit. nothing is as its said, same with science, it doesn't take in normal life factors.
if your not active, you can't live off carbs. even if you are, your eating carbs for fat storage (you can't use them all in a workout), and then suffering later in the day/week to burn that fat off.

simple minds have simple plans. sure they both work, but which is more comfortable?

Nah DNP does not use carbs to burn fat
That is not it's mechanism of action, DNP acts as a protonophore, allowing protons to leak across the inner mitochondrial membrane and thus bypass ATP synthase. This makes ATP energy production less efficient. In effect, part of the energy that is normally produced from cellular respiration is wasted as heat. It has nothing to do with carbs as by the time food gets to the mitochondria it's ALWAYS glucose or acetone

atp relies on glucose, aka carbohydrates. it works best on high carb diet. free tip there for you :)

edit: ie if you want to live :p

@0ni; Now thats interesting because my macro split (in grams) work out to be very similar to yours apart from fat which I can't get below 65g each day. It's not like I even add cooking oil to my foods. It comes from things like nuts, avocado and salmon.

Anyway what your saying is that on a cut, low carb high protein is the way to go? What ratios are we talking about here?

@C_T; I still reckon that Erick Helm's nutrition pyramid series explains everything nicely, if one has the time to sit down and take it all in.

atp relies on glucose, aka carbohydrates. it works best on high carb diet. free tip there for you :)

edit: ie if you want to live :p

No it doesn't, it can use glucose or acetone
Both are freely available from FAT CELLS

@0ni; Now thats interesting because my macro split (in grams) work out to be very similar to yours apart from fat which I can't get below 65g each day. It's not like I even add cooking oil to my foods. It comes from things like nuts, avocado and salmon.

Anyway what your saying is that on a cut, low carb high protein is the way to go? What ratios are we talking about here?

@C_T; I still reckon that Erick Helm's nutrition pyramid series explains everything nicely, if one has the time to sit down and take it all in.

1g/lb in protein
Lean source
Yeah get 50-65g of fat, sure why not. What is that like 250kcal anyway

Fill the rest with carbs
Start at 2500kcal, decrease calories by 250kcal a day if you've not lost 0.5kg at the end of each week
4-5000kcal cheat meal once a week

Doesn't matter when you weigh yourself, just make it the same every time and keep the cheats on the same day.
Other thing I like to do is only cheat every time I lose 0.5kg

Overall the basic info is all there. It's definitely aimed at beginners. It's funny they emphasise calories in vs calories out at the very bottom instead of first.

I do prefer HIIT over LISS cardio though and I've found it burns just as much fat.

Overall the basic info is all there. It's definitely aimed at beginners. It's funny they emphasise calories in vs calories out at the very bottom instead of first.

I do prefer HIIT over LISS cardio though and I've found it burns just as much fat.

If you're big on the strength training, go for LISS
Lifting uses the anaerobic pathway. You want you lifting volume to be at the maximum recoverable volume for the best gains (and this will increase over time)

Now if you do HIIT, you're taxing the exact same CrPh/ATP and anaerobic glycolytic pathways as lifting which will eat into recovery. So LISS is better as it will not impact lifting whatsoever

Or you can lower lifting volume and do HITT
I like to just eek into the lactate threshold and hold it for 60 minutes

You know what I notice. That Pro Bodybuilders of the past used to do LISS only. Now you have respected people such as Layne Norton, Jim Wendler and others saying go the HIIT route.

Theres a time and a place for both (LISS and HIIT) if done correctly, am I not wong?

I think the distended guts and bloated conditioning which appears sometimes is result of HIT.