• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Some days, you just don’t have the time to go to the supermarket, or the money to order delivery, no matter how empty the fridge is. So, what’s your favourite bare-pantry recipe?

mine is onion , mushroom , capsicum ,tomato mix

melt some butter in the fry pan , add a dash of chili powder , a teaspoon of minced garlic , a dash of salt and pepper , a squirt of soy sauce

throw in the above ingredients and brown them

A bowl of rice. 400g these days. Or a whole microwaved sweet potato then mashed up.

Some meat, prepared whatever fashion like leftovers are awes 200-500g depending if it is in a casserole or not. Alternatively a big fugoff tin of tuna (in oil, drained) *not pissy 95g ones, think alpha and go 325g or above, with sirachi sauce.

Fry/poach a couple of eggs if your oil macros are down. Add a fistful of fibrous vegies to keep everyone happy.

EAT IT AND GROW U KUNCE

Sounds like what I have for lunch every other day!

Steamed rice, fried egg and chicken or steak. Got that much chicken and steak in my fridge and freezer at any one time to survive a holocaust I reckon

Small flavored tuna mixed with a large tin of tuna. Maybe some sweet chili sauce on it. Easy!

My go to is protein pancakes. Just need a cup of oats, an egg, half a scoop of protein powder and a bit of peanut butter on top. I always have all 4 ingredients in the house and only takes 5 minutes to whip up.

If no food ready:
I boil 3 Kranskys
if no kranskis, I look for eggs
If no eggs, I ring my mum
if she not home, I look for 2 minute noodles
if I can't find 2 min noodles, I look for a banana
if no bananas, I go hungry till wife gets home

KFG's cheap go to meal is:

500 grizzles of either lamb or beef mince.
1 of those deluxe family continental macaroni cheese packet mix thing.

Cook them both up and than once the pasta is done just add it into the mince pan and mix it... Eat that fucker out of the mince pan to save on dishes as well. Goes down a treat and it'll net you 'gainz' in no time. Wash it down with some chocolate milk / ice coffee that's on special for $3 @ 2L.

I almost always have tuna and eggs in the house so I knock up an omelette.
Even on it's own with some seasoning it tastes great and then the more bits and pieces you have of veggies, cheese etc the better it gets.

usually just do some eggs on toast or make a tuna salad, pretty much tuna and eggs in the house are always available and ready to go.

Atm it is simply tuna - I have a draw full at work - go through atm around 4-5 tins a day.

Other meals I have made consistently over my "fitness" life -

- Rice, meat (tuna, steak, chicken), mixed veggies, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce

- Peanut butter, Honey (50 secs in micro) add oats, choc protein powder - mix -enjoy

I don't really have one but We've always got lamb shank and veg soup in the freezer, it's a real thick soup full of veg, beans and barley, and lamb.