• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
DOMS = Delayed onset muscle soreness.

Tell me about a specific workout you did that left you with insane muscle soreness..

Anything that stretches the muscle above the norm like SLDL's, skull crushers, dead hang chins.

That pre stretch, progressive ovrload, and new exercise brings it on.

But nothing, nothing beats doing squats after a month off though. Now I am sure all youse can relate how fun it is walking down stairs the next day after that scenario has occurred.

Absolutely the most uncomfortable DOMS I've ever had was in my hip flexors!!

I couldn't stand up straight for 2 days. I couldn't even lie flat. I had to sleep in a half seated position.

Seriously ridiculous!

Did a karate style once.. and i mean just one night. I was in agony over my whole body for a few days.

Dom's in glutes and legs after anything more than 2 weeks of squats.
Also traps if I haven't done heavy shrugs in a while.

Interestingly my DOMS have been considerably over the past couple of months where I have been training everything twice per week. While intensity has remained high it may be the slightly reduced volume per session, although overall volume has increased, or adaptation to the frequency. Probably a combination of the two. Back to discrete muscle groups once per week as of today so DOMS...come at me!

dunno how ppl train twice per week aka bodypart
it takes me longer than that to recover from prev workout
but thats just me

Usually legs get it worst.
Whenever I get to use a squat rack or a linear leg press, they always are more sore.

I was relying on cumulative volume throughout the week as opposed to acute destruction of a muscle group. Unfortunately I am hopeless at keeping volume per muscle low so workouts would blow out to 2 hours + (only 4 days per week though), ending up being high volume and high frequency, defeating the purpose of what I was trying to achieve. I will say I feel I responded well but it's not sustainable long term, unless you're lucky enough to be getting paid to spend that much time in the gym or have nothing else to do.

And one time when I did hill sprints I did 10 rounds of 50m and my shins had mad DOMS for a whole flipping week. Crikey that was bad, I thought I tore something.

Interestingly my DOMS have been considerably over the past couple of months where I have been training everything twice per week. While intensity has remained high it may be the slightly reduced volume per session, although overall volume has increased, or adaptation to the frequency. Probably a combination of the two. Back to discrete muscle groups once per week as of today so DOMS...come at me!

It's the good hurt!!

What is the ratio of volume per body part when you train it once a week as opposed to two?

Doms pretty much means you are new to training or not training properly, as in frequent enough.

Doesn't mean you're not training properly at all. Just means you have exposed your muscles to a load above and beyond what they are used to.

Reactions: C_T