• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm pretty sure that powerlifters are tested much in line with all other sports. Maybe less than professionals, such as AFL, but OCT or not, testing is testing.

Yes, you have a right to your opinion. No argument there. The problem that I have is that you are insinuating that Ray Williams is a drug cheat because he does not seem to have had a OC test. Thats kinda kuncy and not a bit slanderous.

By extension, according to your opinion, anyone who is not tested out of comp is also probably/possibly a drug cheat. Well, if that's the case, they will eventually get caught. The nature of humankind is to push the limits, so in the end you will get tested and chances are that you pushed it too far.

The fact that people do get pinged for drug use shows that the process works. Not 100% cos then every athlete in a drug tested sport would have to be tested every day, or every few days (to check for quick acting stuff like HGH, peptides or test aqueous). That, of course, is not going to happen.

I don't remember anyone saying IPF was squeaky clean. Its not. Neither is the Australian swimming team, the Australian cricket team or any of those other high profile professional sports. Just check the ASADA web site for the list of pinged athletes. But it is tested according to the rules. Compared to other non tested sports where drug use is rampant (e.g. all the other powerlifting feds) it's as clean as its ever going to get.

I'm pretty sure that powerlifting is tested in the same manner as Olympic lifting, in local, national and world events, including the olympics. So if powerlifters are all potential cheats, so are all olympic lifters and everyone else who competes in a tested sport

Are you sure, or just hoping. How about some evidence to match your comments. No, US weightlifting and US powerlifting have very little similarity when it comes to drug testing. Look at the evidence. for example, Kendrick J Farris 11 tests in 2014. US testing on weightlifting has heavy emphasis upon OCT, please check.

As for Ray Williams, I never said he was on drugs. I simply said there is no evidence of Out of competition tests for him. It is a fact, unless I have missed some data.

I think there is little evidence of OCT for any of the top USAPL lifters. Certainly, the level of OCT testing for top USAPL lifters (those at World champs) is non-existent when compared to US track and field. So whereas Williams had 0 OCT tests in 2014, Justin Gatlin had 15 in the US alone.

Here check

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

As previous comments indicate, I was very impressed with Williams. It is not his fault he faced no OCT.

And testing is not testing, especially with regard to abuse of testosterone (and other hormones) where big differences between ICT and OCT.

woody, why do so many IPF lifters still cheat?

Yes....Woody...

giphy.gif

:D

you really should learn to tag people Spart. He may not get it.

Let me get him in here for you [MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION];
[MENTION=16675]bozodos[/MENTION]; might be interested too.

Now wheres my firestarter gif again lol

yes, I would like woody help explain to me why ipf lifters still choose to cheat when there are so many non-testing feds. Are they not the ultimate hypocrites, these IPF cheats woody?

yes, I would like woody help explain tome why ipf lifters still choose to cheat when there are so many non-testing feds. Are they not the ultimate hypocrites, these IPF cheats woody?

Prolly because its easier to compete in P.A. and I.P.F. against natties when you yourself are geared.

Or perhaps these drug cheats just like to make themselves look clean by competing in natty Feds such as P.A. and I.P.F.

That should do it!

i will not comment on Australia, besides noting that a few still caught.

In the US, however, quite a few are caught, and for anabolic agents. Powerlifting one of worst sports still for athletes being caught, at least with regard to IPF lifters.

Maybe your question should be "why do so many athletes still cheat?" It's not IPF specific.

I guess athletes cheat to win. The desire to win is a non negotiable quality needed to exceed in any sport, and when someone hits their limits, or thinks they have hit their limits, that quality kicks in. The high profile drug cheats in professional sports, such as the olympics, cycling and football, all have the same reason for taking drugs.

Or maybe you are not that dumb and are just trolling. Either way, if it really bugs you, just join CAPO/GPC etc as they don't care if you "cheat" or not. Or do you even lift, brah?