• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ray might have gotten the gong, but Blaine's squat was more impressive IMO. Still awesome to see natural lifters squatting 400+ raw.

Some eye watering lifts there. 425kg world record squat. Frikken awesome. Raw squatting at its best. No pansy knee wraps or monolifts. Just brute power and perfect form.

Anyone want to try to just unrack 425? Erp.

Ray might have gotten the gong, but Blaine's squat was more impressive IMO. Still awesome to see natural lifters squatting 400+ raw.

:cool:

I love absolute statements. Gives us people, who consider the grey areas, much more certainty. Thanks!!!!

Ray Williams, who just won IPF wc (yesterday) and totalled 1000kg, has had zero Out-of-comp drug tests during 2014 and 2015, as of June 6.

He had three in-competition tests.

so that's 3 more tests than anyone in GPC then?

I still don't understand why you think anyone would bother in a sport where there is no money and little recognition. Especially in the SHW class. Do you have any evidence to suggest that Ray Williams is a user, or is it just part of the axe that you have to grind against the IPF and its affiliates?

It's not naive to think that generally speaking, those who compete in IPF are not cheating frauds, unless proven to be so.

so that's 3 more tests than anyone in GPC then?

Yerp. Spot on.

I also don't see the point of this whole "no out of comp" testing, nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

I also don't see any evidence that he wasn't tested out of comp. So who knows.

What I do know is that he definitely would have been tested as soon as he walked off the stage. And so would every other weight class winner plus a bunch of random tests.

Compare that to CAPO/GPC/Whodafuqknows with their "no drugs allowed" rules.

Zero out of comp testing.

Zero in comp testing.

Zero drug bans.

Zero censoring of those who are competing who openly admit to using AAS (and I have no personal beef against them, it is what it is).

When I read the ASADA or IPF (or other national drug testing org) web sites and I see that there are active drug bans, then that tells me that the testing, as it is, is working. Its not an indictment on the organisation. It just shows that people will be people and will do anything to win. Fark, isn't that the "American way"?

To infer that an IPF lifter, any lifter, is a drug cheat because they are not pissing into a jar once a week, well that's rather kuncey. Stop it.

but he was not tested OCT, or it would show on US or IPF lists. See I actually look at evidence,

I could be wrong, but I had a good look, unlike you guys who get all misty about how good and clean the IPF guys are.

you guys are funny.

and without OCT there is no credible testing. This is a widely recognised fact by WADA and drug experts.

Anyone can turn up to a comp clean and still hold benefits of PED use, at least those with half a brain.

And another thing woody, I will write what I like. I defend my right to have an opinion, hopefully informed.

When someone makes an absolute statement that he or she is clean, as was evident earlier in this thread, I will rightfully make a response in line with evidence.

Just as I cannot claim someone is cheating, so someone cannot claim they are clean (especially given zero OCT). I think that is reasonable.

For such a small sport, we're lucky to have any at all. A damn sight more than any other fed that "doesn't allow PEDs". Testing is expensive.

It does go both ways too - someone has already mentioned Stephen Pritchard.

So again, yes I hold my fellow IPF lifters in good faith as being natural unless proven to be cheating frauds (and from what I have heard it's usually both fairly obvious, and they tend to "retire" before they are officially caught out).

I'm pretty sure that powerlifters are tested much in line with all other sports. Maybe less than professionals, such as AFL, but OCT or not, testing is testing.

Yes, you have a right to your opinion. No argument there. The problem that I have is that you are insinuating that Ray Williams is a drug cheat because he does not seem to have had a OC test. Thats kinda kuncy and not a bit slanderous.

By extension, according to your opinion, anyone who is not tested out of comp is also probably/possibly a drug cheat. Well, if that's the case, they will eventually get caught. The nature of humankind is to push the limits, so in the end you will get tested and chances are that you pushed it too far.

The fact that people do get pinged for drug use shows that the process works. Not 100% cos then every athlete in a drug tested sport would have to be tested every day, or every few days (to check for quick acting stuff like HGH, peptides or test aqueous). That, of course, is not going to happen.

I don't remember anyone saying IPF was squeaky clean. Its not. Neither is the Australian swimming team, the Australian cricket team or any of those other high profile professional sports. Just check the ASADA web site for the list of pinged athletes. But it is tested according to the rules. Compared to other non tested sports where drug use is rampant (e.g. all the other powerlifting feds) it's as clean as its ever going to get.

I'm pretty sure that powerlifting is tested in the same manner as Olympic lifting, in local, national and world events, including the olympics. So if powerlifters are all potential cheats, so are all olympic lifters and everyone else who competes in a tested sport.