• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What's the most impressive thing you have seen someone do at your gym?

6.5 ft skinny bloke deadlifting over 200kg for reps. Looked like a runner

Or maybe the juiced up jamacan guy doing 175kg squats outside the power rack

Definitely the hot brazilian chick deadlifting 100kg for reps, dropped it, picked up her pink Rockwear bag and matching water bottle and iphone 5S and left, leaving the bar and plates rolling there like she owns the flipping joint.

It'd have to be Frank, my friend and training partner bench 270, and that is with me spotting, kunce really took his chances.
That was the point at which the penny dropped for me what a skinny, weak little weasel I really am.

Probably seeing this massively overweight guy, who could barely fit in between the handles of the treadmill, gradually shrink over 6 months. He's lost close to 45kg now.

He's in there every day and would have to be eating like a rabbit!

Absolute legend.

My wife doing a 4m rope climb after only a month of trying. Couldn't even get half way up on the 1st attempt.

My wife doing a 4m rope climb after only a month of trying. Couldn't even get half way up on the 1st attempt.

Very cool.

I always think sets of 10+ wiiiide grip, full extension pull ups are super impressive. I'd be lucky to knock out 5.

my gym not much.

Saw someone do 7 reps on 160kg bench once, weighing 110kg..

Best ever, probably one guy doing 230kg bench strict with feet on bench.

Saw sonny Schmidt do a single max 276kg squat (absolutely perfect form Olympic lifting style) at Findlays early 1990s.

It'd have to be Frank, my friend and training partner bench 270, and that is with me spotting, kunce really took his chances.
That was the point at which the penny dropped for me what a skinny, weak little weasel I really am.

You should get Frank to go in a powerlifting comp. Is the 270kg strict, or with ass off bench and bounce off chest?

Either way, sounds like he could do over 200kg strict which would be awesome, especially given he is over 50.

You should get Frank to go in a powerlifting comp. Is the 270kg strict, or with ass off bench and bounce off chest?

Either way, sounds like he could do over 200kg strict which would be awesome, especially given he is over 50.

He just turned 50, but injured back, so getting back slowly.
No Spart, was strict, no arse off the bench or moving feet, his 270 got him the Australian title at the time. (From memory was 270, 300, 320, good enough to take the win)
I look at that ox and than shake my head when kunce say genetics don't mean much, he is living proof they do.