• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you do 4 45 minute sessions and one 2 hour session most of your workouts would be 45 mins but you would spend significantly more time than 5 x 45 minutes.

hmm fair enough

I dont really have a set timeframe, i just go until done.
I'm doing my own version of GVT atm, which is 10x10 of lifts with 90s breaks for squat and bench and 75s breaks for everything else. So its literally going at it the whole time i'm there. Depending on which body part it is, i can do up to 4 of those 10x10 lifts.
Tonight I did squats then prowler and was too rooted to do anything else :p

So some are longer than others, not planned or intentional.

Its great for everything except squats, which can die in a fire.
I don't have the work capacity to survive volume squats, it literally kills me. Hopefully by doing it it improves me.
Do you do any low volume high weight work as well or purely high rep atm?

Its great for everything except squats, which can die in a fire.
I don't have the work capacity to survive volume squats, it literally kills me. Hopefully by doing it it improves me.

I'm still doing these and they suck major dick, even at the moderate weight I'm using (85kg). I'm also doing them on 2 mins so about 90 secs rest.
My legs have gotten SO small after almost 2 years off so they are a necessary evil.
I haven't adopted the GVT tempo though. 4 second descent? I would cry.

I am in the gym 3-4 times/week. 1-2 hours. I piss about a fair bit between exercises which I've been trying to cut down on and I'll also do 10-15 mins of skipping at the end of each session. I'm getting a lot better!

I found this routine worked best for me for adding size.
Trained Mon, chest shoulders triceps
Wed, back and biceps.
Fri , legs.
Thru in abb crunches most workouts
I haven't done that sort of split routine for quite some time Bris
These days for me it's full body workouts

It's full body, but still using different exercises each time right?
I usually choose the exercises in blocks, so use the same exercises for a long as I want or need, then change to other exercises and so on
after my layoff I was doing full body 4 days a week but now have cut back to 3 days since the weights and intensity have increased.

usually 45-50 mins and i make sure i leave the gym pretty damn knackered for whatever bodypart iam working out...

1) How many days per week do you train?

I'm on holidays now, so I'll be targeting 6 days per week. During semester it's usually 4 days per week, during prac that's likely to drop right back to 1 day per week.

2) How long are most of your sessions?

1-2 hours.

5-6 days. I take my rest days when I know I need them which typically is either once or twice a week.

Now that I'm not training specifically for powerlifting/deadlift comp sessions are around an hour. When I add deadlifts back in, sessions are about 2 hours. (because I don't lift much in the other lifts so it doesn't take as long to warm up or rest between sets)

Deads are taking longer and longer for proper warmup I find. Hamstrings get all tight from squats and hammie curls lol.

So I'm changing my answer to: 2hr sesh if there's deadlifts involved, 1.5hrs if there's squats and 1hr for everything else.

I usually choose the exercises in blocks, so use the same exercises for a long as I want or need, then change to other exercises and so on
after my layoff I was doing full body 4 days a week but now have cut back to 3 days since the weights and intensity have increased.

Whats you routine look like [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];
Never looked into or considered working full body in one workout but definitely will look into as been bit slack/time poor of late.
Cheers

Whats you routine look like [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];
Never looked into or considered working full body in one workout but definitely will look into as been bit slack/time poor of late.
Cheers

When doing so, add in movements that work more than one body part like hang clean and press