• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Why is that stupid?
My shoulders are not a weakpoint. How can I possibly give good advice on the front and side delts?
I've only ever had to bring up my rear delts, rear lateral raises was what I did to bring them up

It's ok just kidding, it's the way you worded it.

me no say farmer's over shurgs.

What me say is farmer's good for shoulders, good for posture, just generally an all round fuckin good all body exercise, if you have never done these ever, kick yourself in the butt for me will you.
Me fucken cacked meself

Last edited:
Back on topic, has anyone tried a complex of front, side and rear delt raises?
eg 1 front , 1 side , 1 rear == 1 rep, do 10 sets x10 reps

Done front/side before but never incorporated rear. Not a huge fan, would rather do all side, then all front, then all rear. Even if that made one big set. I can lift more weight on front and rear than side raises

Back on topic, has anyone tried a complex of front, side and rear delt raises?
eg 1 front , 1 side , 1 rear == 1 rep, do 10 sets x10 reps

No.

My reasoning for that is that I have shitty shoulders that seem to get injured very easily and only want to work in specific planes e.g. this morning I attempted to do some cable x-overs after I had incline benched and this morning for some reason no matter what angle I used some crazy clunking going on therefore I did not do any.

My view is that if they are a weak point they need sufficient load, volume and frequency to improve. Supersetting or giant setting as a finisher is a good way to get to muscular fatigue without compomising volume. In other words, do you big compounds first then use things like the above to finish them off.

Over the years (30) my got to exercises have been in no order; Dead's, chin-ups, all forms of rowing, pull-overs using a machine, and farmer's.
Out of those, farmer's always made me feel I'd really used my posterior delt in particular.

Never really got much out of anything else, although the old double shoulder machine i have really hit where they where needed, but my shoulders don't like pressing.

Another tip would be to perhaps start your shoulder workout with rear and side delt exercises when you're fresh. Then do your presses and front delt when pre fatigued as like Whitey said, your front delts are much stronger.

What do you use for farmers walks @Silverback; and how far do you go?

Like 50kg DB's that you drop once the fingers let slip or funky stuff like bales of hay.

What do you use for farmers walks @Silverback; and how far do you go?

Like 50kg DB's that you drop once the fingers let slip or funky stuff like bales of hay.

40 metres jungo, holding 55kg in each hand, I always did them as a finisher (the end of a workout), if the one of the bastards slipped I'd put the other down, lift them back up and finish, I always finish.

I was once living in the city and thought I'd make the 20 minute walk between the shops and apartment quite easily with the small amount of shopping I needed to do. I ended up buying more than I thought and had to carry it home. Traps were wrecked for days.

I was once living in the city and thought I'd make the 20 minute walk between the shops and apartment quite easily with the small amount of shopping I needed to do. I ended up buying more than I thought and had to carry it home. Traps were wrecked for days.
Haha awesome!

My record for distance would be moving my farmers handles (33kg each) from my house to my gym that was 1km away. I attribute my decent Axle deadlift ability to dumb shit like that lol

Haha awesome!

My record for distance would be moving my farmers handles (33kg each) from my house to my gym that was 1km away. I attribute my decent Axle deadlift ability to dumb shit like that lol

You carried 66kg for 1KM !?
That's super human.