• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Costco does have cheap things, but you do have to buy more. Then there is stuff where you save like a couple of dollars and end up with 4x as much as you wanted. It works out better if you share things with people.
Vege and fruit isn't priced too badly, just need to be careful when it was packed. Some meats are priced good, others are on par with certain butchers. Variety of items applies to my first statement. I picked up one of them ninja blender things for about $50 cheaper than what it was priced at all shops.
Plenty of fuckwits stand around in the middle of the isles with the massive trolleys and piss me off, I am constantly just ramming people now, makes me feel better.
A lot of the supermarket chains are having to do specials all the times to match the prices, even then a fair bit of stuff is cheaper at costco due to the bulk

Hot chips are the secret to off season mass (from one of australia's biggest bodybuilders) not sure if he was taking the piss, but he was eating a bag of macca's chips when he was telling me!

Was also told by a former NRL player, that they were told to have a macca's thick shake & big mac before & after weights to put on weight. I mean he was training twice a day at the time, so he probably didnt put on any fat & was using the energy from it, but it still shocked me. I tried it, i did put on 4kg that month tbh, no noticeable fat gain, but was doing a heap of running too........................

What if I want to put on weight without cardio?

dunno mate, plenty of food guru's and experts on here. When i've given food advice or the like on here, I seem to have someone tell me i'm wrong or 'that wont work' every time.

dunno mate, plenty of food guru's and experts on here. When i've given food advice or the like on here, I seem to have someone tell me i'm wrong or 'that wont work' every time.

Don't be hating on the "I know everything but have nothing to show for it" crew.

IIFYM was never intended to be a diet. It originated as just something that was said when people asked on the bodybuilding forum about if they could eat a certain type of food such as a mars bar etc. The response mainly being, yeah if it fits your macros.......bro. Shortened and bam.

It is meant to be used to get foods in that are normally classed as "cheat" or "bad". It isn't meant to be used for 90% of your cals. That is where people fuck it up fierce. You hardly see someone who looks decent that follows it with that attitude.
[MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION] ; can most likely comment on this as well. He posts a large amount of his foods that look great but I would assume the stock standard stuff he doesn't post is a large amount of his diet as well.

And lastly, wtf is wrong with some of you kunce, try not to fuck up one thread with that shit for once
Basically agree. Depends on the individual and their goals though eg a 100+kg dude wanting to put on mass with a +training volume is most likely going to have to skew towards more cheat type foods just to get in the required cals. Good example is that nrl guy.

Most people will have to eat predominantly clean foods to hit macros though unless they like to be hungry all the time.

Basically agree. Depends on the individual and their goals though eg a 100+kg dude wanting to put on mass with a +training volume is most likely going to have to skew towards more cheat type foods just to get in the required cals. Good example is that nrl guy.

exactly. When i told a few friends (not sporty, but gym going people) they laughed, i was shocked initially too, but as you say, with all the training they do, he probably needed to up the calorie intake otherwise he'd shrink to nothing. Especially in the pre-season where they were doing some ridiculous sessions in the full heat. (He was at the bulldogs, then the now defunct Perth Western Reds, before they went under).

Hmm what, don't quite get that one. Are the knobs saying the sequence of macros eaten matters? :confused:
Think he is talking low carb diet.
And another side of your question, yes there is the whole don't mix carbs and fats in meals together

I've never really taken much notice of dietitians.
But I think the worst info I've ever followed was that supplements are needed for muscle growth.