• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

El Testicle

Goat that feeling
As the title states brosephs... All things Recomp.

I'm a fat kunce. Not being able to apply myself fully just yet (almost there) hasn't helped. Damn nerve damage...

Anyways, I want to hear from any former fat kunce who've successfully done a recomp. I'm not talking a cut and bulk, I mean a steady transformation of fat into fab.

What worked best for you?

Training type, frequency, diet etc..

15 minutes with my favourite nanny goat to the member who provides the most useful info :cool:

If you're fat (don't worry, I'm well on my way), I think a proper cut whilst trying to maintain maximum muscle mass is in order.
I only think recomps work if you're relatively lean to begin with...Or on the gear ;)

Sorry Bro, cannot help here, here's how I operate.
Run slightly pudgy, but always make sure chest is bigger than gut.
Then plan holiday, from the time its booked, I go fully erratic, no salt, no sugar, no carbs, limited fats, reduce alcohol consumption and increase training to as much as my body will allow.
2 weeks before the flight, live on protein shakes, feel FUCKED at the time, bad breath and low energy but gives me a flat stomcach and crazy jawline, then I fly out and the moment I set foot on foreign soil, I take a photo and unleash a beer and food frenzy for the rest of my stay, fuck the gym.
It is the only way for me, from one extreme to the other.
Sorry Bro hope you were not looking for too much inspiration.

Sorry Bro, cannot help here, here's how I operate.
Run slightly pudgy, but always make sure chest is bigger than gut.
Then plan holiday, from the time its booked, I go fully erratic, no salt, no sugar, no carbs, limited fats, reduce alcohol consumption and increase training to as much as my body will allow.
2 weeks before the flight, live on protein shakes, feel FUCKED at the time, bad breath and low energy but gives me a flat stomcach and crazy jawline, then I fly out and the moment I set foot on foreign soil, I take a photo and unleash a beer and food frenzy for the rest of my stay, fuck the gym.
It is the only way for me, from one extreme to the other.
Sorry Bro hope you were not looking for too much inspiration.

Rofl.. you just described my 'cut' routine nigga :p I have always run pudgy and think its seriously under-rated. Not looking to become a lean kunce.
[MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; I hear you m8.. will be on the gas again once I get full strength back in my left side push. Not long now, and I know it will help... Just wanting to get some tips from others who've pulled it off.

Last year I intentionally gained weight to see if a full on bulk actually works. I put on 10kg and got up to 83.5kg. Went from like 12% to 20% bodyfat. Then went on a full on strict cut and got down to 68.5kg at 9% bf in 16 weeks.

The following things will help drop the fat fast and surely:
- Calorie deficit.
- So snacking or pigging out.
- Maintain your weight training days.
- Regular cardio.

That's it. It really comes down to your will power to stick to the above points.

If you're not in a rush, make some small tweaks, nothing drastic and you wont even notice anything missing from your diet, and over a year or so you will drop weight and it will be sustainable. Maybe throw in some deliberately low cal/carb periods (only very short) and keep the exercise up and you're laughing.

Last edited:
Well fatties (and I mean obese madafuckas) and newbies have the advantage of being able to recomp during the first few months of training. You will still need to track your kcals and work out what your maintenance amount is because after this you will have to cut just like everyone else to get rid of any remaining excess blubber. The thing is, I am quite envious of fatties and newbies for this very reason and I miss dearly those days when I made all those radical gains as a newbie. Cherish it, you will hardly experience such a wonderful joyous time again, as they become relegated to distant memories occasionally resurfacing as a wet dream in place of natty goat ones that you normally most likely have. :D

BTW.. goat meat is the bomb, I love eating me some good goat meat. Dat dere macros m8!

How important / vital is cardio if you're already doing weights in the gym 4x a week

Very important in my opinion. 4x a week isn't a whole lot of activity in the scheme of things.

If possible, I would be doing 45 minutes of low intensity cardio (walking, bike riding) every day. I'd then be doing 15 minutes of HIIT cardio after weight training.

whenever i have been able to drop a decent amount of weight i have had to add in cardio and usually 5 days of HIIT as well as my weight training also be in a cal deficit. Every other time i have found i drop to a crtain degree and stall pretty quickly when just trying to use diet. Also when i dropped i found lower carb diets for me certainly worked better having high portein with moderate fat.

But as said the last time i did a significant change it required a lot of HIIT

How important / vital is cardio if you're already doing weights in the gym 4x a week

Imo the importance of cardio is a distant second to diet. The actual amount of cals burned through cardio is negligible, the main benefit is raising your metabolism.

I agree, your diet is most important. But you will plateau at some point.

Cardio is pretty boring and I've tried to make it as efficient as possible. With my recent mini cut I was only doing 20 minutes a day on weight training days. I just went balls to the wall with HIIT. IMO it worked much better than LISS cardio. And who has time for long cardio sessions anyway?

Really, he was asking to recomp, not cut so you don't need to be spending 7+ hours a week doing cardio!

Great points kunce.

Many thanks. Not a fan of cardio either, but I can see it has served Steve well.

Pretty sure it'll be a case of diet (reduce carbs/cals) and maintaining training.

As Jung pointed out, wont be an overnight thing and may have to go back to being a skinny kunce and rebuilding.

The gear should help when I get some fekkin' strength back! :p

Willpower. I didnt do cardio at all, and dropped 25kg while getting substantially stronger. I then discovered powerlifting and it's been a battle ever since. That said, I've been able to maintain that 25kg off.