• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well, how much cardio do you need?
why not just do 2 hours a day, you'll lose fat in no time, fuck, do three!

Cardio is not required

Agreed. But I'd rather do that while losing fat so I can

A eat more
B keep fit

OP: I'm no help. I went from fat to skinny fat. Then took a few years to slowly bulk up. Never a "recomp" period. Well maybe the skinny fat to having some muscles at similar bw. All I did was eat around maintenance and started lifting. So noob gains were apparent. I was also doing mma at the time.

A eat more
B keep fit

OP: I'm no help. I went from fat to skinny fat. Then took a few years to slowly bulk up. Never a "recomp" period. Well maybe the skinny fat to having some muscles at similar bw. All I did was eat around maintenance and started lifting. So noob gains were apparent. I was also doing mma at the time.
You ever snapped a mans leg with your bare hands?

A eat more
B keep fit

This is the thing that discombobulates me.

My mantra;
we need to eat less
work harder lifting
enjoy other activities

this term "being fit" is nebulous at best, fit for what?
is it the same as being healthy?

being fit will lose fat quick, but the long term effect can be devastating

@jzpowahz; Eat more, keep fit.. see I much prefer doing that than feeding like a rabbit and locking myself in bed playing WOW in between bouts of mommymilf streaming vids.

I have a hard time thinking how someone can go from skinny to skinny fat though lol. Maybe if that person didn't touch a weight that whole time.

@Silverback; Haha your use of ancient words is uber impressive! I think you'd be less discombobulated if you reconsider 'being fit' as being far less nebulous than you think. Its just a way to describe someone who is off their butt doing something that raises the heart rate and sweat on the forehead a couple of times a week. Training to be superfit like that of an athlete in professional sport on the other hand is where 'long term effects can be devastating'.

You say some pretty smart things at times.

no we have two categories;

the fit, and the super fit, like food and super food.

This is the thing that discombobulates me.

My mantra;
we need to eat less
work harder lifting
enjoy other activities

this term "being fit" is nebulous at best, fit for what?
is it the same as being healthy?

being fit will lose fat quick, but the long term effect can be devastating
For me, it was fit enough that I would not get destroyed in the sport I was doing at the time :)

I understand where you are coming from though as plenty of people just do some cardio for fitness with no real idea what sort of fitness they are attempting to achieve.

The thing I'm getting at is, and let's look at a footballer, he goes to gym x times a week, does his training on the field, and then questions, how much cardio, do I need to add?

for the weekend warrior, how much cardio is required throughout the week?

at what point does it become unhealthy?

For me, it was fit enough that I would not get destroyed in the sport I was doing at the time :)

I understand where you are coming from though as plenty of people just do some cardio for fitness with no real idea what sort of fitness they are attempting to achieve.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking.
i think for most, cardio is a means to control fat, in the short it's great, but will ruin you in the long term.

its why we see so many fat people and skinny fat people.
how often do we see a well muscled women?

The thing I'm getting at is, and let's look at a footballer, he goes to gym x times a week, does his training on the field, and then questions, how much cardio, do I need to add?

for the weekend warrior, how much cardio is required throughout the week?

at what point does it become unhealthy?

If we are just talking about health we have already gone past that point when playing the contact ball sports.

If we are just talking about health we have already gone past that point when playing the contact ball sports.

Yeah, any sport is risky, it's a choice we make, there are many benefits, but what do we do, to reduce the risk?
to enjoy the benefits as long as we can?

But where the heck would the all the cardio bunnies be if they weren't strolling away at the lowest intensity possible on the treddies, sporting brand spanking new lululemon tights and neon coloured tops that become semi sheer with sweat? Please don't give them the wrong idea and make them leave. That would make me very, very sad.

Yeah, any sport is risky, it's a choice we make, there are many benefits, but what do we do, to reduce the risk?
to enjoy the benefits as long as we can?
1. Warm Up Properly
2. Leave the Ego at the Door
3. Learn and Execute Proper Form
4. Train to Pain but not thru it
5. Rehab and Recovery and Rest after