• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think recomps are a waste of time. They are essentially being happy with where you are at and eating at basically what is maintenance with a small +/-

Haha got the sunnies on your forehead [MENTION=16675]bozodos[/MENTION]; ? :p

Walk like your arms are glued to your sides and waddle like a duck?

j/k , no hate. I've seen how strong you kunce are :cool:

hahaha @El Testicle; sunnies stay on the basball cap; beard, fat, chucks and listening to metal when I train though.

One day maybe I'll be able to humble myself into recomping properly, a former PL'ing mate in the same weight class has smashed off 13kg recently from checking his ego, doing the Max's Challenge and eating like a bird.

I think recomps are a waste of time. They are essentially being happy with where you are at and eating at basically what is maintenance with a small +/-

funny-gif-GTA-pigeon-mod-car.gif

Very important in my opinion. 4x a week isn't a whole lot of activity in the scheme of things.

If possible, I would be doing 45 minutes of low intensity cardio (walking, bike riding) every day. I'd then be doing 15 minutes of HIIT cardio after weight training.

Why?

In terms of trying to lose fat, I reckon cardio is just a double edged sword it will just make you hungry.

I felt that the fat fell off the fastest when doing HIIT cardio post weight sessions. The bro science says that you've already depleted glycogen, so your body will use fat as fuel. I've tried cardio at different times of the day with both LISS and HIIT. HIIT seems superior in terms of burning the most fat and taking the shortest amount of time.

In terms of trying to lose fat, I reckon cardio is just a double edged sword it will just make you hungry.
Wheres that thread/post about sprints dulling the response for hunger? I definitely get it, don't feel like eating at all after doing HIIT work

I don't. So let's take that further. Don't do anything when trying to lose fat so you don't happen to make yourself hungrier?

How many fatties have you seen and said shit your problem is you are doing way too much cardio.

I lose fat easiest in footy season due to the extra cardio.

In anycase most blokes I know struggle to eat much after footy or training because they don't feel like it.

Hell yeah, if you get into a sport, or even more outdoorsy stuff (exhibitionist BDSM doesn't count sadly, unless you can go for as long as you like without having to scoot) like hiking or even trail walks, then you're laughin'.

Activities like that shit on LISS any day of the week.. and even HIIT unless you're a masochistic kunce. If fun is attached to it, then kcals burnt becomes piece of cake and not something where you got to check the cardio machine screen or HR monitor every 10 seconds, asking 'are we there yet ffs?'.

I don't. So let's take that further. Don't do anything when trying to lose fat so you don't happen to make yourself hungrier?

How many fatties have you seen and said shit your problem is you are doing way too much cardio.

I lose fat easiest in footy season due to the extra cardio.

In anycase most blokes I know struggle to eat much after footy or training because they don't feel like it.

I suppose we first need to define cardio.

is it a run, a jog, a ride on a bike, aerobics...how long does it need to be, how much do we need?

i don't see cardio as a walk, or a game of footy.

After HIIT cardio I'm not really that hungry. I may be slightly, but if I've just burnt 300 calories, I don't need 300 calories to feel full. However after LISS cardio like hiking I'm ravenous and could eat 2 meals at once. Another reason why I like HIIT cardio better.

A game of footy isn't an aerobic/cardio type workout? But jogging is?

It's not uncommon to clock up 10-20kms in a game....

Man, that's making it too complicated.. Why you need to 'define' cardio? You raised a sweat and the heart is thumping for a good couple of minutes? That's your cardio.

I am playing squash, hang on bud.. brb mid game to see if I qualify for the parameters of cardio lmao..