• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your mince option?

• Total voters
even in bulk lately i have been finding the mince expensive, close to $10/kg, then again a lot of beef i have noticed has gone up in price, you can oretty not much get bolar beef which used to be about $6/kg

I just found some mince in my freezer that had been there for close to 3 months (thought my missus had thrown it out). Cooked it last night and it tasted absolutely fine.

i defrost in the fridge, so pretty much everything i eat turns out good, but i don't branch out much... and don't freeze cooked things, only raw.

edit: i only cook what i need, and that sits in the fridge for 3 days max these days.
mind you, in 3 days i go through ALOT of food...

Last edited:
500g mince
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs add a lot of carbs tho
Squirt of BBQ sauce
Squirt of tommy sauce
Grated carrot
Grated zucchini
Tablespoon of mixed herbs

Mash all that together and put in a shallow oven proof dish.

Bake for 35 mins @ 200
And before you can tilt your head, it's ready.
Thanks for that Taurus, going to try this on the weekend

500g mince
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs add a lot of carbs tho
Squirt of BBQ sauce
Squirt of tommy sauce
Grated carrot
Grated zucchini
Tablespoon of mixed herbs

Mash all that together and put in a shallow oven proof dish.

Bake for 35 mins @ 200
And before you can tilt your head, it's ready.

Fuarrkin love a good old meat loaf - going to try this on the weekend - instead of mashed potato i'll have mash cauliflower aswell!

OP I'll generally go reg > lean beef mince - also used to eat alot of turkey mince. When I was training/working at a gym a few years ago one of the top local bodybuilders started eating turkey mince and he got about half the gym hooked on the stuff haha

Last edited:
think we are gonna be on a winner here with this meatloaf , thanks [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION];

Served with a bit of tommy sauce on the side, great easy dish.
The eggs and zucchini are what make it juicy. Such a good healthy meal.

Man, I don't think 500g is enough. I am going for a kilo monstrosity of different minces, wrapped in bacon, might even throw in a cheesebomb in there or two.

@Rugby88; how can I forget about turkey mince! Bit hard to find at the shops because they hide it near the offal and pet food section. Damn, I much rather have turkey mince than chicken mince because of better macros.

Man, I don't think 500g is enough. I am going for a kilo monstrosity of different minces, wrapped in bacon, might even throw in a cheesebomb in there or two.

Yep, 500g beef 500g pork methinks. Tin lined with bacon, well spiced, maybe sliced tomatoes and crumbs on top. Win.

made this meatloaf with 500g lamb 500g premium beef, tasted good. Added some curry powder and Worcestershire sauce too.

Yep, 500g beef 500g pork methinks. Tin lined with bacon, well spiced, maybe sliced tomatoes and crumbs on top. Win.

Thats what my mum does, 1/2 pork 1/2 beef, and when you cut it in 1/2 there is a hard boiled egg in it, not sure how she gets the egg to keep it's shape, maybe she boils it first then puts it in the loaf or maybe magic dunno.
But it's good, you can eat as is with a side dish, or slice up and put in bread with mustard.