• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your mince option?

• Total voters
lean beef mince for me. Not a real big fan of higher fat foods in general. Or roo mince from time to time but a bit over it and it's basically the same price as beef.

I have observed that mince from the shops seep out a fair bit of liquid when I brown 'em. When I make my own (and add in a few bits of fat to stop the meal from being too 'dry') I don't get this problem. Makes you wonder whether what you buy is really 100% mince or are there tricks up the woolies butcher's sleeve.

I buy the premium mince.. it seems to look a little leaner (less white in it) than the regular stuff, but there is quite a price difference.

I would say if you're a skinny kunce, regular mince would be fine if you wanna bulk.

I drain it as its cooking of what appears to be fat in the hopes it brings the fat content down further.

I usually get the premium mince over regular - more protein for the $. Kangaroo mince is cheaper than anything but the fattiest burger mince, but the roadkill smell when cooking makes the mrs whinge, and the roadkill smell when reheating makes my workmates whinge, so I don't eat it all that much.

Lamb or pork mince combined with beef is best for spaghetti IMO.

Kangaroo mince is $8.50 a kilo, vs $11/kg for premium beef, hamburger mince is about $6/kg here.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_T
Hell yeah [MENTION=16675]bozodos[/MENTION]; thats the jamie oliver recipe you must be referring to. It has veal, lamb and pork mince in the bolognaise recipe lol. Tastes awesome.

Yeah I might have read that somewhere, I tend to cook the same stuff every few weeks so I like to change it up

Haven't had meatloaf in years, what do you put in it tilt?

500g mince
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs add a lot of carbs tho
Squirt of BBQ sauce
Squirt of tommy sauce
Grated carrot
Grated zucchini
Tablespoon of mixed herbs

Mash all that together and put in a shallow oven proof dish.

Bake for 35 mins @ 200
And before you can tilt your head, it's ready.

Reactions: C_T
lol me too :(
[MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; I am going to try this recipe foshizzle. I like how I can consume way more meat when its minced up, reason being it's already half chewed for ya.

500g mince
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs add a lot of carbs tho
Squirt of BBQ sauce
Squirt of tommy sauce
Grated carrot
Grated zucchini
Tablespoon of mixed herbs

Mash all that together and put in a shallow oven proof dish.

Bake for 35 mins @ 200
And before you can tilt your head, it's ready.

i could probably eat that, minus the sauces. and maybe some cayanne pepper. good cheap meal, thanks for posting it, will try some mince like this (always after cheaper edible options).