• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think these are almonds.....

pottingerphotography.jpg

Like the almond milk in the thread title...I think that's about half an almond...

I don't know why people aren't just drinking dairy milk

because some people are highly allergic to dairy (and some can die from having it if the reaction is anaphylaxis)

others have severe dairy intolerances (lactose or casein or both).

other people (eg me) have to limit it a bit due to sinusitis issues that get worse with too much dairy.

and then some (eg me) have never liked the taste of milk. i can have smoothies and shakes with nut milks but never dairy (or soy for that matter).
I can tolerate it in my coffee sometimes and when it's hidden in baked goods, gelato etc. but just cannot drink it.

So what's the best non-dairy milk that I can buy in terms of bang for buck? Not almond juice obviously. Soy maybe? Oat milk should be more than 2% too since it does taste rather creamy.

Or dare I say it.. cocomilk :)

Milk is a form of dairy jung
Plain good old ice cream is actually the king, for you young bloke wanting to add cals

Yoghurt is another great source along with butter.

It has "hardly any cals" because water has no calorie value.

http://althealthworks.com/5907/how-...contain-industry-insiders-shocking-admission/

"If you’re currently drinking a glass of fresh almond milk, you may want to put it down, because this may actually infuriate you: it turns out that a half gallon carton of almond milk contains less than handful of almonds.

To be precise: one analysis of UK almond milk brand Alpro revealed that almonds only make up 2% of the total drink.

And when it comes to big brands in the U.S. whose bottom lines are skyrocketing, the formulations might not be a whole lot different: one spokesperson for the Almond Board of California said that ingredient combinations are “pretty similar” among UK and US almond milks in this article from Business Insider.

You read correctly, only 2% of almond milk is almonds. I think a more appropriate term should be “colored water that may contain a hint of almond.""

Its more the taste than anything - if you think its going to contain all your almond needs then your wrong - as stated if your after a milk alt then your onto a winner...

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/drink-this-not-that

"Almond milk gives you none (or very little) of the benefits of almonds, which are proteins and good fats, and neither does it give you the benefits of regular milk since it lacks calcium.

When you strain out the insoluble stuff from the "milk," you lose most of the stuff you'd eat almonds for in the first place.

Of course, manufacturers usually add calcium and vitamins A, D, and B-12, but you're still getting very little protein – about 1 gram per cup, compared to about 8 for milk.

It's true that it's generally 50% lower in calories than milk since it lacks any significant amounts of fat, and since it's not an animal product, it contains no saturated fat or cholesterol (if that even matters).

The unsweetened variety is even lower in calories, but make sure you read the label so that you're at least getting the fortified stuff.

So despite the intent, almond milk is just an okay beverage; it neither contributes much to your health, but it doesn't cause any damage, either."