• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I place feet up high on the leg press but that's because of breaking my ankle I don't have flexibility to have them lower.

It's not really possible to have a straight body (at the hip) when using a leg press. What's going to hold your body in place? Something around your traps like with a squat bar? Surely that would put a lot of unnecessary pressure on the neck. It kind of defeats the purpose of a leg press anyway. You may as well squat.

I squat heavy, then front squat, then leg press. I like the idea of doing super high rep sets on the leg press though. Leg press feels kind of similar to my squat, but I have my feet in fairly close.

I'd also place the feet higher on the platforms

I think the trick is place the feet in a position that limits movement at the ankle throughout the movement.

I'd also guarantee, that if that bloke had moved closer he would have to lower the weight or do less rep's purely because of the added ROM.

The beauty of this machine is that it's fitted negative accentuated cams and that at full squat position the force is going directly up the leg, the is no other exercise that can duplicate this movement, which in-turn makes this a very safe intense exercise.

could be, some of his comments are a bit weird. for example, he estimates that lebron james and usain bolt can only full squat 185 pounds.

As if.

could be, some of his comments are a bit weird. for example, he estimates that lebron james and usain bolt can only full squat 185 pounds.

As if.

Stopped reading his articles a while ago. The usually went along the same line. Shitty claims like you mention. Use the article to brag about his shitty lifts, push every sort of weird glute exercise you can think of and then claim he is the world glute expert.

what I agreed with is that it can be a mistake to define the squat as the ultimate exercise for leg power for non-lifting sports.

For tall guys like Bolt, other leg exercises may be more beneficial and safer.

well, for sprinters they only go against their bodyweight. why load that up 4x??? its stupid, its never going to happen.

you need maximal effort and speed at 1x + wind resistance and gravity. thats it.

don't need 5 plates on each side for this to happen, infact that will cause more fibres to become non sprinting performance orientated (some call it genetics, its not, its incorrect training vs sport specific training)

edit: this genetics bs is an excuse. bodyshape gene? or what you eat? fat gene? cmon, become accountable!!! but ego's get in the way, oh, im not this or that because of my genes...

Last edited:
Most boxers are pussies when it comes to lifting. But they seem to generate very specific knockout power. I had a play around with a thin streaky golden gloves once, doubt he could bench 80kg. He put me on my arse in about 1 second.

all things being equal, a more skilled boxer will always out box a stronger boxer.

As an aside; where is the power generated from in a "knock-out" punch?

legs/hip/chest?
or
legs/hip/shoulder?

Big guys get gassed or out manoeuvred when it comes to fighting sports from my (fairly uninformed) viewpoint.