• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
Worth taking the time to read...

http://www.ucam.edu/sites/default/files/Oct_13/mechanisms_of_muscle_hypertrophy.pdf

Extract:

Current research suggests that maximum gains in musclehypertrophy are achieved by training regimens that producesignificant metabolic stress while maintaining a moderatedegree of muscle tension. A hypertrophy-oriented programshould employ a repetition range of 6–12 reps per set with restintervals of 60–90 seconds between sets. Exercises shouldbe varied in a multiplanar, multiangled fashion to ensuremaximal stimulation of all muscle fibers. Multiple sets shouldbe employed in the context of a split training routine toheighten the anabolic milieu. At least some of the sets shouldbe carried out to the point of concentric muscular failure,perhaps alternating microcycles of sets to failure with thosenot performed to failure to minimize the potential forovertraining. Concentric repetitions should be performed atfast to moderate speeds (1–3 seconds) while eccentricrepetitions should be performed at slightly slower speeds(2–4 seconds). Training should be periodized so that thehypertrophy phase culminates in a brief period of highervolumeoverreaching followed by a taper to allow for optimalsupercompensation of muscle tissue.

Someone sent me this article a while ago and i forgot to bookmark, been looking for this for ages! Thanks!.

if you not gaining, add intentisy, leave the ego at the door, less weight, more intensity - generally more reps. (not stupidly light, challenging but work harder, theres so many people i see who don't even break a sweat training)

you can still gain str in a calorie deficit. with legit effort, it just feels very unconfortable and is limited
but nothing is non- attainable
If you are a noob, have previous muscle memory or are on gear.

Otherwise, sfa lbm gains.

OR, if you actually try harder than perviously. which is the idea, and what people do with a goal.

OR, if you actually try harder than perviously. which is the idea, and what people do with a goal.

So why don't those real dedicated people such as yourself just keep getting bigger and bigger. We must have some 200kg + lean mass monsters walking around if all you have to do is try harder.

as ive said before, i blew my lower back out and its never been the same.

do you have a problem with that?

Excuses. I ruptured a disk in my lower back. Managed to deadlift 290 a few years later.

You obviously aren't trying hard enough.

your a real piece of work [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION] ; i will give you persistance but otherwise, your a complete pieces of shit. you know nothing of my training or how i do anything or anything, your just a troll trying to envike a rise.

try somewhere else troll. and btw, lay off the ice, its not good for you.

The mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy and their application to resistance trai...

No excuses, should be a mass monster by now.

Lol. Nice comment about ice. Did you think of that all on your own.

its commonly known, when someone keeps saying saying something suggesting to another, over and over, and they have no idea, its obvioisly coming from them, so all this meth, bbq what? your on ice/meth, not me. you sad piece of shit.

Deadset dude, you are dumb as Fuck.

What do think happens when you diet? Feel full of Fucking energy to set pbs? No. Let me know when you are 6% body fat and how your strength levels are then.

And if you are in Brisbane, I'd love to train with you to see how hard I have to train to gain lbm in a deficit.

Deadset dude, you are dumb as Fuck.

What do think happens when you diet? Feel full of Fucking energy to set pbs? No. Let me know when you are 6% body fat and how your strength levels are then.

And if you are in Brisbane, I'd love to train with you to see how hard I have to train to gain lbm in a deficit.

You'll have to wait until school holidays

dude at 6% bf what are you really achieving? think out what you just wrote, that is a legit life maintain status kicking in

edit:but love how everyone jumps in leaps and bounds to miscredit me, be it timing or slight or word, or etc etc, just like this one

Last edited: