• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is not something, though that youd do at a public gym, unless it's completely empty and not in rush hour.

You can use anything that keeps you working very hard for no more than 20 minutes, barbell work, dumbbells, machines, kettle bells....anything.
anything
you include or add it to your regular established routines that you use throughout the week, there are just some things to note;

Once a week is enough for most, for some, only once a month.
this kind of workout needs some time to get use to, you need to workout what your limits are, this could take some time before you can really establish a high intense rate of work, I think 15 minutes is the most someone could stand, and it's not for most people, be prepared for pain.

An example;

just movements, it can be any exercise...the rep's are important, along with NO rest between exercises, using the maximum amount of weight to get you to positive failure in each exercise.

squatty movement x 30
pull x 12
push x 12
squatty movement x 20
pull x 10
push x 10
squatty movement x 15
pull x 8
push x 8

you can you any exercise, you can mix them up, like for the push, you could use in the one workout; bench,OHP, dip.

The amazing thing is, that when one becomes conditioned, he finds his recovery is so good, he could do it over after 15 minutes, of course you wouldn't because of overtraining, but the fact that your system is so improved, indicates you have become much stronger and efficient.

sounds like Crossfit there bud

This is not something, though that youd do at a public gym, unless it's completely empty and not in rush hour.

Thank you sir.

Agreed, difficult to do at a public gym unless it's empty.

This is something I'd prefer to do at home anyway though but I've only got a barbell and plates, no bench, dumb bells etc.

Do you think it would be possible to do this with just a barbell? I guess the tricky part would be picking the weight because there's no time to change plates.

Rows for the pull movement and OHP for the push? Again, picking the weight would be tricky. I'm thinking 40kg would be the most I could do because of the OHP, would this be enough for the squats/rows to make it worthwhile?

Thank you sir.

Agreed, difficult to do at a public gym unless it's empty.

This is something I'd prefer to do at home anyway though but I've only got a barbell and plates, no bench, dumb bells etc.

Do you think it would be possible to do this with just a barbell? I guess the tricky part would be picking the weight because there's no time to change plates.

Rows for the pull movement and OHP for the push? Again, picking the weight would be tricky. I'm thinking 40kg would be the most I could do because of the OHP, would this be enough for the squats/rows to make it worthwhile?

no worries,absolutely, do you have something to chin and dip from?
Holding a plate and doing goblet squats.

I don't think you want much on the bar if you're shooting for 30, 20 squat reppers in that mad max sequence lol