• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'd like to get on stage at least once for the experience of the process. That's always in the back of my mind. Getting to the point where I'll have to shit or get off the pot, still got a ways to go though...

Last edited:
I'd like to get on stage at least once for the experience of the process. That's always in the back of my mind.

Sort of in the same thought process. I don't think I'd win anything or it would go anywhere long term, but for all the training and dieting I do, I'd like to have something to show for it. Plus, I'm pretty sure I train just as hard as some of the people who compete.

My kids keep growing, since there are so many of them it's a matter of time before they band together to overthrow me.

Fear will keep in line for only so long, brute force works forever.

Hoping to do a PL comp later this year if all goes well (depends on hip and lower back issues).
Even if I don't, working on my lifts and fitness just to get back to where I was before. Would then set a comp goal for next year
But all the while, to regain lost lean mass and increase it.

I rain for the challenge of seeing how I can perform. While I am ageing and deteriorating, I still enjoy the challenge of being as good as I can be in terms of strength and performance.

It also beats sitting on your arse and doing nothing.

I sort of see two lines running parellel, the top one represents my physical health; circulation, lung and heart health and muscle strength

the second is experience, maturity, being comfortable in my own skin and such.

over the years, the top one is slowly declining, while the lower one is slowly getting higher, at the point where they intersect I'd say that's my peak and I want to keep those two line as close as possible and as long as possible.

cause it feels awesome. healthy body, healthy mind. also believe it helps keep us young.

sleep better, eat better, feel better when training.

Training, for me, is also something I'd probably do even if it wasn't for the health benefits, or the sporting side.
It's fun, it's my time, and that probably makes it as good as therapy/meditation. I used to run and it was better than meditation for me.
Can't run now so gym is it :D