• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
@Silverback; the Barambah and Elgaar milks are both really good. Their quark and cottage cheeses and other products are really good too. The Barambah yoghurt is very nice.
@Shrek; Barambah do a good lactose free yoghurt.

Yeah, I bought their passion fruit yoghurt some time ago and thought it was the nicest yoghurt I'd ever had, I can't buy any other now, although the thick and creamy raspberry and coconut is nice.

The cost of milk is not an issue for me, so I'm not really sure, could be $5?

I couldn't give a fat rat's whether it was uht, skim, full, double pasturised, organic, the taste and smell is, two types of milk that maintains its flavour and smell is that Elgar and the other one I've mentioned, both full cream.
both nice.

Wasn't asking if the cost was an issue for you, I was just interested.

I need to jump on this bandwagon and sell bazzas super special milk.

Mostly grass fed
Proven lower impact on the environment and better animal welfare than organic milk.
Free of antibiotics
The benefits of a1 and a2 milk proteins.
Better for you than raw milk.

Put a pretty picture of a cow on it sell for an inflated price.

Mostly grass fed
Proven lower impact on the environment and better animal welfare than organic milk.
Free of antibiotics

Sold!

You goose bazza.

as I said cost is not my issue, smell and taste is.

niether is the packaging.

Have you got Alzheimer's oldtimer.

You want to know what makes milk taste and smell better. Higher fat content and avoid feeding cows green grass, it can give it an almost fishy taste. It's the excess protein and nitrogen from the grass.

The best tasting milk comes from a hay and grain diet.

You want to know what makes milk taste and smell better. Higher fat content and avoid feeding cows green grass, it can give it an almost fishy taste. It's the excess protein and nitrogen from the grass.

I don't care what cows eat, I just like good tasting milk.

if I've got Alzheimer's shoot me now.
watching my mum is not pretty.

Im a UHT Devondale Semi-Skim Milk girl.

Because the carton is pink.

But when I'm not dieting I indulge in Full Fat Milk from my Uncles commercial line of milk.

Just woolies/coles brand full milk here, don't need to fuck around with all the pansy varieties.

I find this post interesting, for years the occasional carton has had a "funky" taste to it, probably tipped over 100l down the sink because its basically undrinkable but we could never figure out why and no other person we know seems to notice it.

Last edited:
I get enough fats in my diet from nuts, cheese, peanut butter and fish, so I buy milk based on the lowest caloric value.

Mostly grass fed
Free of antibiotics

He never said he bought it because it was organic or had any other claims. Neither do I.
Just because those guys make really nice tasting dairy stuff.
:)

Where did I say that he brought it because it was organic.

you didn't state it explicity. However, you did make comments about making claims about your own milk having special properties to make it more attractive, and I quote:

"I need to jump on this bandwagon and sell bazzas super special milk.

Mostly grass fed
Free of antibiotics

Put a pretty picture of a cow on it sell for an inflated price."

That implies that he buys the milk for more than just preference of taste.
That is all I was referring to :)

Homebrand milk and Brownes/Harvey FResh et al could very well be the same milk yeah? Just swapped the packaging in the production run?

I drink HiLo Milk these days. My daily fat macros is consistently 10% over where I wanna, so got to keep the fat down where possible.

you didn't state it explicity. However, you did make comments about making claims about your own milk having special properties to make it more attractive, and I quote:

"I need to jump on this bandwagon and sell bazzas super special milk.

Mostly grass fed
Free of antibiotics

Put a pretty picture of a cow on it sell for an inflated price."

That implies that he buys the milk for more than just preference of taste.
That is all I was referring to :)

Draw a long bow there.