• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Yeah, like the title says, we want to rock up to the gym and train with sufficient intensity to provide a stimulus for muscle growth. Now the scoop of WPI post workout shake question is.. Can you feel when this actually happens??

Look at it this way. There is A) a point whereby the muscles where they are stimulated (most likely during your warmup). Then further into the session there must be B) a point where there is sufficient stimulus and further training isn't going to reap any more benefits for muscle growth. (after 4-5 exercises high intensity)

Can you physically feel A and B happening in your workout? If so please describe it to me please I like to hear it thanks!

Sort of:
Def do with my cock, as in:
A) erection (warmup)
B) ejeculation (sufficient stimulus)

So...this comes down to whether you like to train near, at, or beyond failure. The important thing is that over time you are progressing in weight/volume.

Not a chance, unless I haven't been going past that point. You'd assume your RPE scale would be sufficient enough to gauge this though

The only reliable source I have right now is RPE.

First work set and RPE 9 reached, I go 'rightio, let's go to town with this shall we hon?'

Five exercises in, and trying for a 10 repper but end up with just 6? 'ok look at the state of you, you've had enough now. kthxbai xoxo'

That's how I gauge the stimulus levels of my training right now.

So...this comes down to whether you like to train near, at, or beyond failure. The important thing is that over time you are progressing in weight/volume.
So some days when you feel super you don't keep going for extra sets/exercises until you FEEL dat dere stimulus saturation point (despite your program stating 'sir it is time to cease activity and foam roll lovingly for 5 minutes then gtfo')? When on a roll, run with it and all that shizz?

When I'm doing my high rep/low weight training program, yep definitely; you get that lactic acid burn. Because the weight is light, you can take it to the limit.

The inverse of this is when I go really heavy for low reps. It will shock the nervous system before getting that muscular fatigue.

If you want that burn, go light weight until failure.

I am totally with ya on that one @steveP; and you have articulated one aspect of it which throws the spanner in the works so to speak.

That FEEL of having had enough for the day could come from either the muscles nagging ya to stop (gauged by sensation aka that 'burn', or via performance - pushing out less and less reps per set), or the CNS saying 'no way, hosay!' and forcing you to go from energiser bunny to a run down, shattered holocaust victim all within a space of 5 minnit.