• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I can relate.... Hard to be patient

Did you end up deciding you want size or strength more, or equal

IMO f off the hypers, remove the SLDL and bring in proper attention on deadlifts

Also if you are chasing numbers more than size, linear progression on one rep scheme will only accommodate you for so long

Size over strength for this run. Well I nearly always take that route as I have no intention of ever competing so numbers are nice but not essential.

I think I'll throw a squat variation in on the B Leg day rather than stiffies and deads instead of hypers.

I was going to do them on the B Pull day as everything else isn't particularly taxing but I'd like to try and keep it somewhat as lower/upper back days. Might just have to get used to it being a fairly easy session or throw some more curls in lol

Where's it written that deads must be included in any program?
If ya dont wanna do them, don't!!!!!

It's not and that's usually how I roll, don't particularly like them. But it just didn't feel like I'd done enough. Either going to bump chit up to 4 sets or throw deads in. Have tried 4 sets, will try 3 and deads this week and see which I prefer

C'mon we all know how alpha it feels to be able to yank a bar with 4 wheels on both sides, yell 'fuk u!' then drop that shit down like it's nobody's bizz.

Where's it written that deads must be included in any program?
If ya dont wanna do them, don't!!!!!

They must be included in a program chasing numbers on deadlift

Whitey has since clarified he is not prioritising that

However I would still reccomend them. If you want to do them, or whatever

Stephen at the gym...

4289508.jpg

So I'm doomed?
*said in Stephen Hawking's voice*

No, you're not, don't need to do deads if you don't plan to compete and only training for size.
You'll still grow without them, smash out some t-bar rows, will thicken your back up.

Love the old t bar row... But I'm already doing bb, db and maybe cable. How many types do I need?

Love the old t bar row... But I'm already doing bb, db and maybe cable. How many types do I need?

3 exercises of 4 for sets is highly recommended.
Pick the ones you like doing cos that way you will not make up excuses to skip. I have 101 excuses for exercises I don't like.