• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Bench is okay, not as good an exercise as dumbell chest press i find. I can get more rom and a better squeeze at the top with dumbells plus less rotator cuff issues. Its superior to bench as far as i'm concerned.

Having said that, atm i do bench + dips + flys for chest. Been benching for a few months now, good change from dumbells but in terms of isolating chest dumbells are better.

Stopped heavy benching with BB and Db. Chest has responded better than ever with just dips, light machine press and cable crossovers.

Agree DB seems better for muscle development
I have been DB pressing exclusively for 4 weeks and my titties feel full of milk

What kind of programming structure are you following for the dips and crossovers [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

Agree DB seems better for muscle development
I have been DB pressing exclusively for 4 weeks and my titties feel full of milk

What kind of programming structure are you following for the dips and crossovers [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

I dip twice per week.
First is weighted dips for around 8-10 reps. 4 sets. That’s it.

Second sessions is body weight dips for AMRAP x 3 sets. Usually get around 16, 14,12. Then cable crossovers 2 sets of 20.

Have just included chest machine press but may drop it.

Noice [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];, sounds effective. No cables on day 1?
We are getting into 15+ rep sets lately, the pump is real
[MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION]; is that for your clients or just you with the titties issues?
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; and me usually taper it off in the final blocks, but not much of an aggressive difference.
Typically benching + CG a lot, whilst still in volume phases

Noice @Shrek;, sounds effective. No cables on day 1?
@Sticky; is that for your clients or just you with the titties issues?
@Timeah; and me usually taper it off in the final blocks, but not much of an aggressive difference.

More with all my clients then myself these days.

I can't handle any real volume, otherwise it'd be with me too.

Noice [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];, sounds effective. No cables on day 1?
[MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION]; is that for your clients or just you with the titties issues?
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; and me usually taper it off in the final blocks, but not much of an aggressive difference.

No cables day one. [emoji5]

And yes the pump is phenom. [emoji3]