• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The whole pulling your shoulder blades together is along the same lines as chest up, does similar things. Both fucked and both what you will see PTs coaching people to deadlift.

The whole pulling your shoulder blades together is along the same lines as chest up, does similar things. Both fucked and both what you will see PTs coaching people to deadlift.

You didn't read the article did you Barry. He's not saying to pull the shoulder blades together. He's saying that's wrong. He's saying to pull the blades down to get Back tension. NOTHING TO DO WITH PULLING THE SHOULDER BLADES TOGETHER!!!

You bad Man!

Last edited:
You didn't read the article did you Barry. He's not saying to pull the shoulder blades together. He's saying that's wrong. He's saying to pull the blades down to get Back tension. NOTHING TO DO WITH PULLING THE SHOULDER BLADES TOGETHER!!!

You bad Man!

I was actually agreeing with the article and using their example of pulling shoulder blades together and equating it with raising the chest which I said was stupid disagreeing with the first video of the little bloke trying to deadlift you posted.

I watched the first few seconds of the other vid and decided I'm not wasting 15min on that moron talking about a bodybuilder.

Fuck, you blokes are annoying, the deadlift is about lifting the bar off the ground, you use every muscle to do this, you lift as one, as in you lift with one fluid motion, it's not about fucking activating this or that muscle, shit.

In the powerlifting world a real good deadlifter has long arms, long legs, narrow hip, short torso, narrow shoulders, it comes down to simple mechanics.

they suck at bench press

You bad Man!

WTF Stiffy?!? Who is this moosefucker?

https://www.facebook.com/TheManGetter

hqdefault.jpg

Fuck, you blokes are annoying, the deadlift is about lifting the bar off the ground, you use every muscle to do this, you lift as one, as in you lift with one fluid motion, it's not about fucking activating this or that muscle, shit.

In the powerlifting world a real good deadlifter has long arms, long legs, narrow hip, short torso, narrow shoulders, it comes down to simple mechanics.

they suck at bench press

Hi! long limbed kunce here lol

You know what helped me most with my lat activation...doing a body building contest :p Standing on stage trying to look as wide as possible for 10 minutes or so. That is actually really good practice. Now I find it very easy to activate them in pretty much any position.

In regards to the article. Makes some good points. If your back can tolerate a rounded thoracic and it is advantageous to your numbers then go for it. I'd love to be able to but with 2 thoracic disc bulges in the past I'm not willing to take the risk so I attempt to stay as straight as possible. yes it is slightly more ROM but it's better than a fucked back for me.

You know what helped me most with my lat activation...doing a body building contest :p Standing on stage trying to look as wide as possible for 10 minutes or so. That is actually really good practice. Now I find it very easy to activate them in pretty much any position.

In regards to the article. Makes some good points. If your back can tolerate a rounded thoracic and it is advantageous to your numbers then go for it. I'd love to be able to but with 2 thoracic disc bulges in the past I'm not willing to take the risk so I attempt to stay as straight as possible. yes it is slightly more ROM but it's better than a fucked back for me.

I always walk around with invisible lay syndrome so already had it sorted.

Don't change the topic on me. My first reply was mainly about the lifting chest in the video you posted. It's garbage for deadlifting if you ask me.

Tony Gentilcore is a guy that helps old ladies get out of their chairs better
Just look at his fucking neck

LOOK AT HIS NECK

Which one are we talking about oni

This one
Holy fuck look at his neck

Anyway, take a deep breath, think of the diaphragm pulling down and inflating the cavity with air pushing out all around your torso at every angle
What happens to your ribcage?

Yeah it drops
End of discussion
If you take a deep breath and valsalva, the ribcage will drop

That's it

This one
Holy fuck look at his neck

Anyway, take a deep breath, think of the diaphragm pulling down and inflating the cavity with air pushing out all around your torso at every angle
What happens to your ribcage?

Yeah it drops
End of discussion
If you take a deep breath and valsalva, the ribcage will drop

That's it

I totally agree with what your saying about the valsalva.

His neck is tiny, is that what your saying?? Not following that part. Good bad or what. I'm too stupid.

Lower back rounding is more of a common issue wouldn't you say, brahs??

I notice getting into a tight position when setting up isn't too difficult for my upper body but tight hammies pulls hard on my lower back into flexion if I ain't careful.

P.s whats wrong with that bloke's neck and is helping old ladies getting out of his chair a good/bad thing?? I am confused lol :confused: