• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Frank's one of my favourites, very humble, a thinking man's bodybuilder
He looked great at 72

Last edited:
So many older bodybuilders like Zane move to less volume and a focus on rep cadence, I wonder why.

Incidentally, I have been working out on a MedX leg press, moving the whole stack, with the seat as close as possible to the foot plate to get full ROM, 120 seconds TUT, moving a controlled slow speed on the negative...well this is what I thought.

What I found was although i was completing the exercise, afterwards I started to continually spasm in the left glute, with pain.

I decided to drop the weight by half, what I noted was I was applying much more force with my dominant right leg, causing all sorts of issues.
with less weight and a focus on applying the same force with both legs, the spasms left, replaced with unreal DOMS in the glutes, which is what the leg press is really for IMO.

Form is so crucial.

VERY good point [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; I do this every now and then, drop whatever weight I have been using by half and really concentrate on the actual muscle you want to be working instead of concentrating on moving the weight during a particular exercise, I think everyone can benefit from doing this every now and then, from a body building point of view.

I think we are all guilty at times of; adding sets, moving that little bit faster, shortening the ROM, using momentum and such all for just getting the extra rep, or KG on the bar, for the sake of progression, which really isn't.

I believe each repetition should be identical to the next, right to the last rep.