• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
OK so I have ipod nano 6th gen and the on/off button and volume buttons have packed it in.

I am looking at getting this fixed and cost is about $60,

What other options are out there, I am after something small just for the gym and stuff, so don't really want to use my phone as it is a little big and thinking I would break it too easily.

I did have a imitation nano from ebay but it seems to have shit itself and was just crap anyway.

Are there any other options out there?

Last time I went down this path I ended up with an ipod shuffle. Held enough what I wanted, small etc. I hate ixxxxx (anything). If it is for outside use such as 'running' I find the armband + phone combo works a treat. Also has gps tracking on whatever app you pick to use

I use a Sony mp3 player. No iTunes, plays all media types, audio/video/photo etc. Cant fault it.

I got a Philips little USB thumb drive sized MP3 player. The screen is very basic which means I only have to charge it once every 3 months. No cords either as it plugs in like a USB device and weights nearly nothing. The only problem is that it's a bitch to fast forward. I listen to a lot of podcasts, so trying to fast forward an hour in is painful.

Last edited:
Bluetooth ear buds. You can have your phone safe and sound in your gym bag or even outside in your car if its parked close. Control the tracks, volume and even take calls. Light, compact, no cables (at least, not the one I have).

I pretty much use this for the gym

M_PV584823.jpg

Get an iPod nano or an iriver, you can wear them on an armband and look like a retard.

Get an iPod nano or an iriver, you can wear them on an armband and look like a retard.

Already have a ipod nano but it gets put in the sky rocket and certainly not worn on the arm, more a case of getting the nano fixed or looking for something new or different, am warming to the idea of these Bluetooth headphones

Already have a ipod nano but it gets put in the sky rocket and certainly not worn on the arm, more a case of getting the nano fixed or looking for something new or different, am warming to the idea of these Bluetooth headphones

You still have to carry the phone for those? Or do small devices have Bluetooth also now?

But what's the bass like with these things? I have tried my fair share of wireless phones and none of them packs a bass in the fass. Which is what I'm after when I am listening to hardstylez or some other wild shit when I'm working out.

Dunno mate, only listen to Aqua and Megan trainor. Lol
The bass is good man. Better than iPhone speakers!

Just about anything is better than iphone speakers lol.

I have an ipod classic, ipod nano 6th AND 7th gen and they all work great. My current earbuds are Shure E4C's. I've had them for 10 years and I still get serious bass in the fass.

You still have to carry the phone for those? Or do small devices have Bluetooth also now?
Apparently the Bluetooth ones you just leave your phone in your bag, but yeah if I go something else I want it small like the nano to fit in the pocket, phones are just too big