• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How can anyone determine which of these exercises "add mass"? That takes a LONG time.

The exercises that I use to work my back are
deadlifts
chin-ups
chest supported rows
low cable row
db rows
reverse flys
hyper extensions (just added)

How can anyone determine which of these exercises "add mass"? That takes a LONG time.

The exercises that I use to work my back are
deadlifts
chin-ups
chest supported rows
low cable row
db rows
reverse flys
hyper extensions (just added)

Correct, many movements over time will do the trick.

Underrated exercises;
*Machine pullover
Farmers walks

I would place the machine pullover as the key-stone exercise, done properly, the movement around the shoulder under automatically variable resistance exposes the whole upper torso to work like no other exercise.

Is the reverse fly machine just as good as doing it them with dumbells? With this exercise it just seems the machine version is better because there's less lumbar stress.

Correct, many movements over time will do the trick.

Underrated exercises;
*Machine pullover
Farmers walks

I would place the machine pullover as the key-stone exercise, done properly, the movement around the shoulder under automatically variable resistance exposes the whole upper torso to work like no other exercise.
It would be awesome if they could make the pull over machine provide resistance in both directions. If you had to push against the pads in the eccentric I imagine you can get a huge pump in the spinal erectors.

Is the reverse fly machine just as good as doing it them with dumbells? With this exercise it just seems the machine version is better because there's less lumbar stress.

The strength curve on a machine will be much flatter compared to dumb-bells, the flatter the strength curve the better.
the important thing to understand is that for for a good machine to be a good machine, there must be pad and seat adjustment to allow the shoulder to be directly in-line with the axis, if there is no adjustment, do not use it.

It would be awesome if they could make the pull over machine provide resistance in both directions. If you had to push against the pads in the eccentric I imagine you can get a huge pump in the spinal erectors.

Nautilus did make one. A reverse pullover, I think this was after jones had sold the business.
the movement could be a disaster for most.

The strength curve on a machine will be much flatter compared to dumb-bells, the flatter the strength curve the better.
the important thing to understand is that for for a good machine to be a good machine, there must be pad and seat adjustment to allow the shoulder to be directly in-line with the axis, if there is no adjustment, do not use it.

After using a machine for the first time last night, I agree with this. Had the seat too low first time, felt like shit. Set it properly and can really activate the rhomboids well. And yeah, no lumbar load was a good thing with a fucked SI joint LOL.

The nautilus brand went to shit after Jones sold it

Jones had minimal input after the generation 2 machines.
The reality was, that he hated bodybuilders with a passion, after casey viator He'd lost interest and pursued many other interests, like faster planes and younger women.
the thing that undid Nautilus was that Jones had too many irons in the fire.

He later came back with MedX.

that is another very interesting story, his contribution to the medical field, should have given him a noble prize.

this is the only machine to isolate the erectors safely, so efficient is this machine, you'd only need 120 seconds a week to improve back strength by 300% in three weeks

Look at the monitor in the vid to illustrate the flat strength curve.
the roller pad at the back does not move a millimeter which proves that there is no hip movement

this is the only machine to isolate the erectors safely, so efficient is this machine, you'd only need 120 seconds a week to improve back strength by 300% in three weeks

Do I get a free set of steak knives?

Srs looks good though.