• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
so iut of all the chilli seeds i panted a few weeks ago i have about 6 jolokia, 2ghost, 3 butch t scorpian, and i out a couple more carolina reaoers in as none of then had spouted but now looks like i wilk have 2 reapers which i am really lookin forward too. my thai chillis are going nuts and have about 40 chillis currently growing, will try to get a pic

Sounds like you'll have a bumper crop this year too. Good luck with the habs, hope you crack them this year, they are a lovely chilli to grow and eat. I'm keen to get some reapers, such cool looking pods, don't think I'll be game to eat them straight of the plant though.

Ive had a significant increase of plants over the last couple of weeks, on top of what I already had I have now got, pink tiger, orange rocoto, chocolate hab, White fatalii, White 7 pot, pink 7 pot, yellow 7 pot, bubblegum 7 pot, caramel bubblegum 7 pot, purple tiger, Scarlett's purple tiger x jalapeño, chocolate Trinidad scorps, aji lemon, red bhutlah, monster naga, chocolate moruga, Tas red hab, naga bon......I also picked up some mature plants all full of pods, Yaki blue, bubblegum 7, arse clown jolokia (heaps of ripe pods), brain strain, ice scream scorp.

My vege patch is going great guns too, 3 - 4 weeks from initial planting and I've already started harvesting, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach and silverbeet and I've got chillies coming out of my ears....gotta love this Qld weather....Ill try to remember to get some pics up soon.

I'm going well with 7 habanero plants ... a mix of the orange and red savinas.

Also a thai chilli that is flowering already and my Mamma Cayenne, who turned 15 yo in September is also flowering.

Sad news ... my rocoto tree that had begun flowering for the summer yield, has had to be uprooted and laid to rest :(
A sudden case of a fungal bacteria infection due to recent humidity and insufficient soil drainage took its toll. Unfortunately, it was also putting some tomato plants at risk and there is no effective treatment for the infection.

However, I will be getting new plants that I will plant in a better spot where tropical conditions won't affect them as much and hope for the best.

It served us (ok me lol) so well for the past few years. Bumper crops throughout the year, plenty of flavourful fruit with serious heat. So much rocoto goodness has been consumed.
I still have jars of rocoto jam and preserved chillies in EVOO to get through for the next few months.

Rip rocoto, I'm growing my first one this year.

My stepmum who got me into growing chilli's has a plant that is 15 or more years old also, not sure on variety but it looks like a Birdseye or similar, it's a huge old thing, probably 7 ft high and just as wide. So much for them only living 3-4 years.

Masters have a good selection of chilli plants at the moment (rocoto included) in the Pot and All range, I just discovered them the other day and couldn't resist buying a few at $5 a pop.

[MENTION=6735]python[/MENTION]; if and when I get some reaper's up and going, i'll send you up some seeds.

I haven't got any habs at the moment, but thinking ill goto Bunnings or Masters and have a look for some seedlings or some more mature plants, not as much variety down here in Vic and a little harder to grow due to the climate.

@python; if and when I get some reaper's up and going, i'll send you up some seeds.

I haven't got any habs at the moment, but thinking ill goto Bunnings or Masters and have a look for some seedlings or some more mature plants, not as much variety down here in Vic and a little harder to grow due to the climate.

With the habs here in Melbs, my first point in my earlier comment below is the most critical. Where you place them in the garden is crucial. Full sun, protection from cold wind/frost. They must face full north.
Mine are in pots along the side of the garage so they are fully protected from any S and SW winds etc.

With the habs here in Melbs, my first point in my earlier comment below is the most critical. Where you place them in the garden is crucial. Full sun, protection from cold wind/frost. They must face full north.
Mine are in pots along the side of the garage so they are fully protected from any S and SW winds etc.

Thanks, will take this into account when I get around to getting some and planting them.

Hey [MENTION=8606]Neddysmith[/MENTION], sounds awesome, cheers.

Bunnings up here usually have a good supply of habs but as I've recently discovered (havent shopped there much)Masters has an excellent selection, they have access to 37 varieties (I think) from the Pot n' All range of which the seeds are supplied from the Chilli Factory, 7 pot/pods, habs, scorps, reapers, rocoto's etc, check out the website for their range and I'm sure if your local Masters doesn't have something in stock you could get them to order in for you.

Also, check out Lava Chilli Garden on Facebook, Mark is a really top bloke to deal with, he's up my way but express posts seedlings Aus wide and they arrive in good shape or he'll replace or refund. Email or text him for the list of available seedlings, you'll be amazed......currently 40-50 varieties available and up to 160 at times, lots of rare stuff.

Some pics from around the garden.
f860b48d35e40ac93df9f54602d2f3ca.jpg
627865a6dbb13ad7a5ca655a86763bb5.jpg
6972977174f9bc2852ca343669d30002.jpg
186a20054f807a019800e03520529b39.jpg
7b294795024b9f78ad092417a4588c0a.jpg
11e6eb1da326a7cffaa87d6369408293.jpg
efbcae9a084aed799c8b76f90f5ac5ac.jpg
9e559bdadb819c9e88dc19abcfb507a4.jpg

8539da2de73927f47bfe4e9a5e2124ca.jpg

Some veg..
67d392065457a34215c0acca2eb341ca.jpg
2b2444a11f942a2a018429f83df497d3.jpg
d755e70cbf62dc233fb766b25ecc7d2d.jpg
9fc7591444066666cfbff8e2977629f1.jpg

Some new beds that will be positioned somewhere around the yard and planted in the coming weeks.
6b3559fde6775e920124c0919d9097ac.jpg

looking great [MENTION=6735]python[/MENTION]; I have a standard veggie patch as well as an aquaponics setup which is up and running just needs a little bit of TLC, but currently has a heap of lettuce growing and some silverbeet, after summer im looking forward to stocking the fish tank with some trout.

Would love an aquaponics setup one day, such a great way to grow food.
How good is lettuce and silverbeet as a staple in the garden, so easy to grow, grows fast and you can just pick leaves off as you need them and the plant just keeps growing and sprouting new leaves to eat.

yeah the aquaponics is great, although, seeing as the wife wanted I haven't really paid much attention to it, thinking that maybe she will one day start looking after it, apparently that isn't the case, so I am thinking I am going to take it over and really start giving it a crack and show her how great it can be, will be much better when I get put some trout in there, but for now i'll settle for the great growbed for growing lettuce and stuff.

Sounds like my misses dog, she wanted it but doesn't want to the responsibility that go's with it....:(

Will look into it more one day, I've seen some guys setups in person it looks really interesting, not to mention the quality produce that can be grown....could run some Aussie bass or maybe Barra in there up this way.

[MENTION=6735]python[/MENTION]; very jealous of those beautiful habs! Garden looks amazing ... :)
[MENTION=8606]Neddysmith[/MENTION]; with the crazy weather we've been having, who knows if we get lucky and the chillies actually produce decent fruit this year. Usually a hot dry summer is good for the habs so I'm crossing fingers and toes.

I bought some red savinas from Masters last year. They had a good crop for a baby plant and the flavour was really good. Bunnings seem to have a limited range this year.
I might check out Masters for something different. Although I suspect QLD gets more variety because ... climate.

Thanks [MENTION=8557]chocchillimango[/MENTION], my two Orange habs were recently hit by spider mite so look a little sad but they are bouncing back nicely now, the red one in the picture throws such beautiful perfect shaped fruit.

You could be right about us getting more variety due to climate but like I said to Neddy earlier, if your local masters doesn't have what you are after then I'm sure they could order it for you. In my two local Masters stores the Pot n' All range has its own little section and isn't with the other ranges of chilli's they have so if you don't see them in with the chilli's have a good look around before you give up.

I noticed you can also get the Pot n' All chilli's on eBay, so that would be another option.

I'll update with pics when everything really gets going, should be a sea of colour out the back soon.

chocchillimango;686291 @[URL="http://ausbb.com/member.php?u=8606" said:
Neddysmith[/URL]; with the crazy weather we've been having, who knows if we get lucky and the chillies actually produce decent fruit this year. Usually a hot dry summer is good for the habs so I'm crossing fingers and toes.
Yeah well so far on my Thai chilli plant there are 40 -50 chillis growing, and on the jalapeno plants I have which are quite small they have a few flowers on em already, and the other seedlings I have seems to be growing well, so far so good....

Chilli's are going gangbuster, have about 8 Jolokia plants growing, a couple of Bhut ghost plants, some jalapeno, and most importantly i now have 3 Carolina Reaper plants, still only seedling size, but getting ready to repot them into something larger so hopefully the will explode and i will have some fruit later on in summer.

Got a strange random strain which I will post a pic of when they fruit, fully grown the chillies are about 5mm long but they are damn hot. Got pots full of self seeded black pearls too. Got another unknown chilli planted. these I got from my Italian neighbour in SA. They are one of the hottest I've found, Not sure what strain they are. All red, looks birds eye-ish.

Got a strange random strain which I will post a pic of when they fruit, fully grown the chillies are about 5mm long but they are damn hot. Got pots full of self seeded black pearls too. Got another unknown chilli planted. these I got from my Italian neighbour in SA. They are one of the hottest I've found, Not sure what strain they are. All red, looks birds eye-ish.

You live is SA?