• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I checked the health of a couple of thai chilli plants that have managed to survive through winter, cut off some old flowers and stalks of fruits, now for some light fertiliser and planting of new chillis.

Especially looking forward to the Carolina Reapers and Jolokia's.

Especially looking forward to the Carolina Reapers and Jolokia's.

Ah jolokia <3

I haven't tried Carolina Reapers...what are they like in terms of flavour and heat??

I hope mine come good as they were awesome for my habanero ganache truffles and my CCM signature chocolate. I'll cry if I can't make it next year!

Yeah Jolokia's are awesome, not sure about the Reapers, all I knowis that they are the hottest chilli's in the world by a LONG way.....

If I get some some up and going this Summer, ill get some seeds out and send you some.

Yeah Jolokia's are awesome, not sure about the Reapers, all I knowis that they are the hottest chilli's in the world by a LONG way.....

If I get some some up and going this Summer, ill get some seeds out and send you some.

yay! I'd have to reserve those just for me or risk killing my chocolate customers haha.

Well, I pulled out two dead habaneros yesterday :( But the others all look OK so now they are all prepped to start greening up (some have started) for summer.
Fed them and now just to watch in the next two weeks. I might get another red savina.
I want to get more varieties of chillies but the rocotos produce so damned much fruit, I'm overrun. Not that there is any such thing as too much chilli but ...

Hey guys, fellow chilli lover here.

I got the jump on them early this year and bought some advance seedling from Bunnings a few months back, mine are powering and full of pods already and the wait is on for them to ripen...

Currently I have red and orange habanero's, firecrackers, serrano's and Thia birds eye's

I've also got a few interesting ones that I haven't grown or tasted before, black pearls, mambo's and rumba's, I haven't bothered to google the later two but going by the tags they are a 7-5 and 9 out of ten in the heat department. Black pearls get some good reviews in both flavour and heat in the taste tests I've read and watched.

I haven't grown the firecrackers before either and I bought them as they are meant to be high yeild and do well in pots, well the tag didn't lie, both the plants I've got grew quite quickly and are covered in pods, two ripened yesterday actually and I had them this morning and they are a nice little chilli with good flavour and heat, like sweet capsicum, slight citrus with a good steady burn, not in your face though but very nice.

Last but not least I've got around 50 Australian red habanero's that I've grown from seed that are ready to go in big pots, I'll pick the nicest ones out then give the rest away to whoever wants them.

Nice one!!!!!

Yesterday I finally got some time an planted a heap of chilli seeds, thinking it is about 2 mths too late but still hoping they can grow an j get some fruit outta them later in summer

I think you'll be right [MENTION=8606]Neddysmith[/MENTION], but if you want to get a jump start, bunnings has quite a few different varieties in stock at the moment, even some advance plants that are already baring fruit.

I couldn't help myself today, I went into get some veggies for my new patch and came out with half a dozen chilli plants as well.
I got a jalapeno (mucho nacho) around 2 ft high full of pods for $10, some sweet temptations, another firecracker and a punet of 4 nice plants they are calling flaming hot but I suspect by the look of the plant they may be a habinero of some sort.

Yeah thanks, I might actually goto bunnings and get a Jalapeno plant as I really like the taste but don't have any seeds so to get one with pods already on it would be great.

Yeah mate the jalapeno's are nice, great for making poppers.

Hope they have some nice plants available down your way, if they don't I'm sure you could get them to order some in.
Both of my local Bunnings had good size jalapeño plants with fruit on them, they have a few varieties but the large ones like I purchased are called mucho nacho and are apparently the hottest of the jalapeño's. They also had a few other chilli varieties with a decent amount of fruit and flowers, some nice capsicums too. If they have firecrackers in stock I highly recommend them, fast growing compact bush that throws fruit like no tomorrow, mine have been ripening on a daily basis for a few days now and they are a lovely little chilli, sweet and fruity, quite juicy and pack a punch in the heat department.

Masters have had some good chilli plants in stock also.

Sounds like all the chillies are going gangbusters at the moment. I think this year, with a huge El Nino, is going to be really good for them.

My red and orange habs are all bushy and healthy now, my mamma extra hot cayenne is also doing well (15 years old, still going).
I also got a thai bird's eye chilli. Not sure why lol
I trimmed back my rocoto after harvesting the last fruiting. I sliced those, salted, then vinegar, then under EVOO. Bonus best chilli oil ever.

Anyone with spare habaneros or red savinas, send them over. Cannot wait to make my mango habanero chocolate and hab truffle :)

Transferred a nice habanero plant into my vege patch about a week ago, it had around eight nice pods on it and I noticed them slowly disappearing over a few days as well as a few of my lettuces were chewed to shit. It was only happening through the night so birds were ruled out, came to the conclusion it was rats so over the last couple of nights I put rat sack cubes all around the place where my dogs couldn't get at them and the rats have eatn the lot of them hopefully I've knocked the bastards on the head and they leave my garden alone......

On another note, I ran out of real estate to plant more veg in the garden so I built a few decent size planter boxes out of pallets, really happy with how they turned out, anyway I found myself in the Bunnings garden section again looking for something to fill the new boxes and they had some nice looking yellow and orange hab plants that I couldn't resist so I got two of each to go in one of the planters plus a few different varieties of tomatoes, lettuce and spinach to fill the other two.
I've also had a real snackcicum fettish this year, every time I go to Bunnings I walk out with one or two plants, I've got around 10 of them now in pots and through the garden, they are so nice cut in half and filled with Philly cheese.....gonna have more produce than I know what to do with soon...

awesome, i was away the weekend after last week plantinga heap of lettuce in the veggie patch onky to return and notice they were all chewed as well, looks like rats as well, so thing i will have to out wire around thw veggie patch to keep the dog out and put some rat sack down as well, they seemed to leave the tomato plants, parcley and chilli alone for now..

in a nicer not the seeds i planted have had a few sprout, a couple of butch t, a couple of jolokia, but still waiting on the carolina reapers to sprout

Good stuff, I've never grown any of the super hots, love the look of the plants and pods though and they seem to be quite high yeild, always happy with my habanero's though, plenty of heat in them suckers and the plants and pods look great.
I found a bloke on gumtree the other day that sells seedlings/plants such as reapers, bhuts and allot of the rarer supers so I might order a few from him so I don't have to grow from seed, he's up my way but posts Aus wide free express post and guarantees plants will arrive safely.

I think I've gotten on top of the rat situation, I've been putting fresh baits out every night and they have been eating them, I'm expecting them to start dying from today onwards, haven't had any casualties in the garden since I've been laying baits either so fingers xed that I've got the bastards sorted.

Just spoke to the guy I mentioned above, he currently has 48 varieties (seedlings/plants) available and will have 160 varieties at some stage this season.

Last edited:
so iut of all the chilli seeds i panted a few weeks ago i have about 6 jolokia, 2ghost, 3 butch t scorpian, and i out a couple more carolina reaoers in as none of then had spouted but now looks like i wilk have 2 reapers which i am really lookin forward too. my thai chillis are going nuts and have about 40 chillis currently growing, will try to get a pic

I'm going well with 7 habanero plants ... a mix of the orange and red savinas.

Also a thai chilli that is flowering already and my Mamma Cayenne, who turned 15 yo in September is also flowering.

Sad news ... my rocoto tree that had begun flowering for the summer yield, has had to be uprooted and laid to rest :(
A sudden case of a fungal bacteria infection due to recent humidity and insufficient soil drainage took its toll. Unfortunately, it was also putting some tomato plants at risk and there is no effective treatment for the infection.

However, I will be getting new plants that I will plant in a better spot where tropical conditions won't affect them as much and hope for the best.

It served us (ok me lol) so well for the past few years. Bumper crops throughout the year, plenty of flavourful fruit with serious heat. So much rocoto goodness has been consumed.
I still have jars of rocoto jam and preserved chillies in EVOO to get through for the next few months.

sounds great, was talking to a mate yesterday and neither of us have had much luck at all with habs.

Habs need the following:

1. protection from cold and frost. Make sure they are protected on the south and west sides and get full northerly sun for most of the day. They like to pretend they're in Mexico lol

2. Now and then, feed them with some Seasol ... especially if you notice the leaves getting yellowy green. They need food.

3. When fruiting, you want to make sure the fruit develops max flavour as well as heat so let them dry out well in between regular watering.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448270177.009883.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448270195.899263.jpg
Here's a couple of my Thai chillis going nicely also a couple of smaller jalapeño plant there as well, then in the mini hot house I have all my seedlings if jolokia, bhut, ghost chillis an Carolina reapers